DAT Breakdown 9/10/15 (22AA/22TS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JTLresces

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna try to keep it short, I can add more if you have questions about it. After accidentally turning off my computer during the QR section (and 5 minutes of intense panicking), I finally finished the DAT!

I'm going into my Junior year at the University of Washington and hope that these scores will increase my chances of getting into the UWSOD!

Here are my score from t0day:
BIO: 21
GCHEM: 24
OCHEM: 23
PAT: 27
RC: 22
QR: 21

Study Materials:
DAT Bootcamp (practice tests, generators, study guide)
DAT Destroyer (used for sciences and QR)
Feralis' Biology Notes
Cliff's AP Bio
Chad's Videos (Ochem, Gchem, QR)
Quizlet (notecards)
2007/2009 Practice DATs

Biology:
If I got the chance to redo this section, I would probably get the same score. For me, it got the point where my score on the test would be a crap shoot on whether or not I knew the info cuz there was just SOOO much.

GenChem:
I honestly thought this would be a lot lower since I didn't feel too comfortable with it during my practice runs but was pleasantly surprised! Chad's should be more than enough to learn all the info and BC + Destroyer is great practice

Ochem:
Didn't focus much on this section because I just recently took it. Honestly thought I was going to score higher on this section cuz I was killing it in the practice tests

PAT:
Thought I was gonna get 21 (that was score for every BC test) since I eventually gave up on angles, but they seemed a little more straightforward on the real DAT

RC:
The tone questions really got to me, I would recommend mastering that section before taking the DAT (it'll make your life a lot easier)

QR:
Thought I would also score higher on this one too but I was satisfied. I did well on the BC exams 1-4 but heard that 5 was really hard so I didn't bother. I regret not doing so because I was running out of time on the real QR

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome scores! It's nice you got done with the DAT early, one less thing to worry about next year during applications. Also, funny you accidentally shutdown your computer, same thing happened to someone else during my NBDE and the lady was freaking out. You would think they'd put the power strips somewhere not accessible lol :) Congratulations again!

I'm gonna try to keep it short, I can add more if you have questions about it. After accidentally turning off my computer during the QR section (and 5 minutes of intense panicking), I finally finished the DAT!

I'm going into my Junior year at the University of Washington and hope that these scores will increase my chances of getting into the UWSOD!

Here are my score from t0day:
BIO: 21
GCHEM: 24
OCHEM: 23
PAT: 27
RC: 22
QR: 21

Study Materials:
DAT Bootcamp (practice tests, generators, study guide)
DAT Destroyer (used for sciences and QR)
Feralis' Biology Notes
Cliff's AP Bio
Chad's Videos (Ochem, Gchem, QR)
Quizlet (notecards)
2007/2009 Practice DATs

Biology:
If I got the chance to redo this section, I would probably get the same score. For me, it got the point where my score on the test would be a crap shoot on whether or not I knew the info cuz there was just SOOO much.

GenChem:
I honestly thought this would be a lot lower since I didn't feel too comfortable with it during my practice runs but was pleasantly surprised! Chad's should be more than enough to learn all the info and BC + Destroyer is great practice

Ochem:
Didn't focus much on this section because I just recently took it. Honestly thought I was going to score higher on this section cuz I was killing it in the practice tests

PAT:
Thought I was gonna get 21 (that was score for every BC test) since I eventually gave up on angles, but they seemed a little more straightforward on the real DAT

RC:
The tone questions really got to me, I would recommend mastering that section before taking the DAT (it'll make your life a lot easier)

QR:
Thought I would also score higher on this one too but I was satisfied. I did well on the BC exams 1-4 but heard that 5 was really hard so I didn't bother. I regret not doing so because I was running out of time on the real QR

JTLresces Congratulations! :soexcited:

Excellent scores! You Destroyed the Beast! Thank you for the detailed breakdown it will help a lot of students that are still preparing for the DAT! Your science and reading scores are going to be noticed by the dental schools..love the 22 in reading..You will get multiple interviews and have many schools to choose from.

Wishing you the very best along your journey to becoming a dentist!

Celebrate...:banana:

Dr. Jim Romano and Nancy

The PAT isn't included as part of the AA. I think it has its separate score. Great scores btw

Reactions: 1 user