DAT Breakdown AA23/TS23/PAT22

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalgirl310

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took my DAT for the first time this morning and just want to start by saying Ari is right when he says to use his program as a study tool and not a score predictor. (You'll see why later)

Actual DAT Scores:
PAT 22
QR 20
RC 26
Biology 24
General Chemistry 24
Organic Chemistry 20
TS 23
AA 23

Background: I originally planned to take the DAT on June 2. I chose this date, because I left for a study abroad trip on June 5 and wanted to have this done before then. I studied for two weeks and realized I was not going to have time to adequately prepare myself for the test and my study abroad trip at the same time, so I rescheduled it for today. I came back to the states on July 1 and started studying a few days after. I am an upcoming senior biology major with a 4.0 science GPA and a 3.8 overall.

For the first two weeks (before my trip), I did destroyer problems and one DAT bootcamp test. I also practiced PAT using DAT bootcamp generator. I really just wasn't focused. I was too excited about Ecuador, Peru and the Galapagos. :)

Now for what I did the month of July..

The first two weeks...

I was very laid back throughout the first two weeks. You really shouldn't stress yourself. First off, I am the type of person that likes to get up early and get things done so I can enjoy the rest of my day. I started at 7, stopped around 9:30, took a nap, swam for an hour, and then studied again for another 2 or so hours.

Biology: Feralis Notes, DAT Bootcamp, DAT Destroyer
I split up the problems in destroyer so that I could finish all of them in 10 days. (I didn't study on weekends) I made note cards for the ones I struggled with. Not just the ones I missed, but also the ones I had even a little trouble with. If I needed some clarification, I used Feralis' notes.

General Chemistry: Same as biology using destroyer.

Organic Chemistry: Same as biology using destroyer.

QR: Same as biology using destroyer.

PAT: I did 15 questions from each sections using DAT Bootcamp's generator.

RC: I didn't study this until the week before, but my strategy was to skim through the passage really fast. In each paragraph I would choose words that stuck out to me and write them down by their paragraph number. This helped a lot. I had about 6 minutes to spare in the real DAT, but I never had any time left on bootcamp.

7-8 days before..
I took a Bootcamp practice test every other day leading up to my test day. I set up these tests like the actual test. Sciences, PAT, 15 minute break, RC, QR. (no practice test the day before)
My scores on bootcamp were crazy. On biology I scored anywhere from 18-25, gchem 17-21, ochem 20-26, pat 19-21, RC 19-20 and QR 17-19. The lowest score was usually a one time thing and the rest being in the 20s or a 19. I was really unsure how this morning would go. I struggled horribly with QR and GChem. After each test, I spent the afternoon going through the ones I got wrong. On the days I wasn't taking a full length test I would redo the test I had done the day before. This ensured I grasped the material I missed.

Throughout this week I read Feralis' notes and went through my notecards.
I also took the 2009 and 2007 DAT, but only the science and math sections.

During my test, I actually felt I was doing horrible. The thing is, when you're taking a test like this you only think about the ones your missing but in reality you actually know more of the questions than you think. (if that makes sense) I was prepared to see a mixture of 16,17, and 18s across the board.

I am very happy with my scores. Super pleased. Thanks to Feralis, DAT Bootcamp, DAT Destroyer and of course my college professors! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
I hadn't done destroyer since a week before my test, so I can't quite tell you that, but it was slightly easier than bootcamp. I had some pretty intense word problems on the DAT.

Reactions: 1 user
I took my DAT for the first time this morning and just want to start by saying Ari is right when he says to use his program as a study tool and not a score predictor. (You'll see why later)

Actual DAT Scores:
PAT 22
QR 20
RC 26
Biology 24
General Chemistry 24
Organic Chemistry 20
TS 23
AA 23

Background: I originally planned to take the DAT on June 2. I chose this date, because I left for a study abroad trip on June 5 and wanted to have this done before then. I studied for two weeks and realized I was not going to have time to adequately prepare myself for the test and my study abroad trip at the same time, so I rescheduled it for today. I came back to the states on July 1 and started studying a few days after. I am an upcoming senior biology major with a 4.0 science GPA and a 3.8 overall.

For the first two weeks (before my trip), I did destroyer problems and one DAT bootcamp test. I also practiced PAT using DAT bootcamp generator. I really just wasn't focused. I was too excited about Ecuador, Peru and the Galapagos. :)

Now for what I did the month of July..

The first two weeks...

I was very laid back throughout the first two weeks. You really shouldn't stress yourself. First off, I am the type of person that likes to get up early and get things done so I can enjoy the rest of my day. I started at 7, stopped around 9:30, took a nap, swam for an hour, and then studied again for another 2 or so hours.

Biology: Feralis Notes, DAT Bootcamp, DAT Destroyer
I split up the problems in destroyer so that I could finish all of them in 10 days. (I didn't study on weekends) I made note cards for the ones I struggled with. Not just the ones I missed, but also the ones I had even a little trouble with. If I needed some clarification, I used Feralis' notes.

General Chemistry: Same as biology using destroyer.

Organic Chemistry: Same as biology using destroyer.

QR: Same as biology using destroyer.

PAT: I did 15 questions from each sections using DAT Bootcamp's generator.

RC: I didn't study this until the week before, but my strategy was to skim through the passage really fast. In each paragraph I would choose words that stuck out to me and write them down by their paragraph number. This helped a lot. I had about 6 minutes to spare in the real DAT, but I never had any time left on bootcamp.

7-8 days before..
I took a Bootcamp practice test every other day leading up to my test day. I set up these tests like the actual test. Sciences, PAT, 15 minute break, RC, QR. (no practice test the day before)
My scores on bootcamp were crazy. On biology I scored anywhere from 18-25, gchem 17-21, ochem 20-26, pat 19-21, RC 19-20 and QR 17-19. The lowest score was usually a one time thing and the rest being in the 20s or a 19. I was really unsure how this morning would go. I struggled horribly with QR and GChem. After each test, I spent the afternoon going through the ones I got wrong. On the days I wasn't taking a full length test I would redo the test I had done the day before. This ensured I grasped the material I missed.

Throughout this week I read Feralis' notes and went through my notecards.
I also took the 2009 and 2007 DAT, but only the science and math sections.

During my test, I actually felt I was doing horrible. The thing is, when you're taking a test like this you only think about the ones your missing but in reality you actually know more of the questions than you think. (if that makes sense) I was prepared to see a mixture of 16,17, and 18s across the board.

I am very happy with my scores. Super pleased. Thanks to Feralis, DAT Bootcamp, DAT Destroyer and of course my college professors! :)

dentalgirl310 Congratulations!!! Amazing scores:clap:

You put in the hard work and it paid off! College Professors are a part of your journey and it is commendable that you included them in your thanks!

Your 4.0 science GPA and DAT scores will get you interviews at many schools including Ivy League!

Wishing you all the best in your journey to becoming a dentist!

Dr. Romano and Nancy

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)