DAT breakdown AA25/PAT23(Aug29) and materials for sale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kuan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, just finished the test yesterday.
Bio 27
GC 26
OC 26
PAT 23
RC 20
QR 25
Here is my timeline. I started reviewing Chad’s video about 3mo ago. I started doing destroyers 2mo ago. I practiced PAT on CDP and review BIO over 1mo ago. Three weeks before test, I started using Bootcamp. I never did the 2009 test because I did not have time for it to be mailed to me. Here are the materials I used. If I were to do it again, will only use 1-2-3.
1. Chad videos, Cliffs BIO and Feralis' notes
2. DAT destroyer and math destroyer
3. Bootcamp
4. CDP 1-5 and crack dat reading 1-5
5. dat Golden test reading and math
6. Topscore

BIO: Feralis' notes and Cliffs are enough and destroyer preprared me well.
GC: destroyer prepared me well.
OC: destroyer is much harder. Bootcamp is closer to the real DAT.
PAT: overall, all 10 Bootcamp tests prepared me well. If I had time, I would have done it twice. I would not say CDP is not good, at least angle and keyhole are very similar to my real DAT.
-KH: Bootcamp is much harder and I think it focuses too much on the proportions. The real DAT is closer to CDP, maybe a little harder.
-TFE: Bootcamp is closer to the real DAT.
-AR and CC: Both bootcamp and CDP are close.
-PF: Easier than bootcamp and harder than CDP
RC: CDR is easier and the types of questions are different. Bootcamp and topsore are closer to my real one.
Math: much easier than Bootcamp and easier than math destroyer. I noticed that both math destroyer and bootcamp added a couple of statistical questions. Is that a trend in future? Luckily I did not see any in my test;).

Here are extra notes for the test day. If you are in southern CA, I highly recommended the Lake Forest center. Everyone was so nice and efficient. My scheduled time was 12:30 (My brain does not work well in the morning). I came in 45min early and was told that I was ready any time so I started the test 30min earlier. Need to get the key for the restroom which was in another building but very closeby. The computer was great and the calculator was fast but the intersection transition was slow which at first time made me very nervous.

I only have these materials if anyone is interested in.

1. 2014 DAT destroyer and math destroyer: like new, no mark or anything, $150 (Dat golden standard reading and math is free gift with purchase)
2. Bootcamp subscription valid until Oct22, 2014, $40

Finally, I would like to thank you sdn for all the valuable info shared by everyone. Thank my family for their great support for these two months. Good luck to everyone.

Oh, here is my bootcamp scores if anyone is interested in.

BIO 19/25/24/23/26
GC 20/28/30/30/27
OC 19/21/22/29/21
PAT 22/23/21/21/21/21/20/21/20
RC 17/15/20/21/19
QR 24/23/22/25/21

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Excellent scores and congrats! Did you all 15 tests in Math Destroyer or did you only do a certain amount of them. Did they seem to get harder at Test 10-15? And what were you getting on the Math Destroyer tests out of 40. Did you do them timed or untimed? Thanks

Thanks. I did all 15 tests. You are exactly right. Those last few tests are much harder than previous ones. I tried to finish within 45min every time and remember I had to rush to finish. I got at least 35 out of 40 everytime.

Members don't see this ad :)
Solid scores congrats. I feel like it is necessary to practice tough questions. DAT is tricky. You may be surprised with a random, tought question.

Solid scores congrats. I feel like it is necessary to practice tough questions. DAT is tricky. You may be surprised with a random, tought question.
Thanks and I agree with you. In fact, this was what happened to my pat. My keyhole started with 14 easy questions. But the last one was surprisingly difficult and I spent several minutes on it and just forgot to mark (I am sure I got it wrong:mad:). Then I started to panic and this almost messed up my whole pat. So always be prepared for tough questions and be ready to mark those questions.