DAT Breakdown....ah crap

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jab1113

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you to all SDNers. Please give advice.

2010 Today

Bio-14 Bio-20
GC-16 GC-23
Orgo-18 Orgo-23
PAT-18 PAT-19
RC-16 RC-17 :mad: AGFKJAUGDE!!!!!
QR-16 QR-19
TS-15 TS-22 :thumbup:
AA-16 AA-20

Biology - Destroyer, Cliffs, DATQVAULT - I spent a lot of time on this section because I knew I had to do something about that 14.

GC - One word= CHAD. And thank you to Alan for videotapping and posting them online for us, much appreciated.

Orgo - See GC.

PAT - Not sure what happened here. I was getting 21-23 on CDP so I was surprised....btw pattern folding is complete crap!

RC - no comment.

QR - like really? so many word problems it wasnt even funny.

So my RC score just killed me. What you guys think? Retake?

Members don't see this ad.

Dude, your scores are fine! You have a higher DAT than the average matriculant.

Just apply to schools which do not care about RC as much and you're golden :thumbup:

Congrats- that is a great improvement! I don't think you should dwell on your RC until schools specifically tell you that you need to retake. Focus on the improvement- YAY you're done!

u did well!! well above avg....in the 20s! :thumbup: especially ur bio! i really envy those scores! how do u think bio was? is it doable or totally random? how about rc? did u get all scientific passages?

Members don't see this ad :)
u did well!! well above avg....in the 20s! :thumbup: especially ur bio! i really envy those scores! how do u think bio was? is it doable or totally random? how about rc? did u get all scientific passages?

Honestly, I was so pissed at the Bio questions I got because I had no taxonomy questions, nothing about kingdoms, nothing but physiology systems, it was random like everyone says. I really studied hard for this section, I went through destroyer, cliffs, and krackers biology and made Anki flashcards for all of it. Then just drilled myself as much as I can, that 14 was a disgrace, I knew I had to do something about it. Overall, if you have been putting in time, you will be fine - best piece of advice, go with your first instinct on this section especially, don't second guess yourself.

As for RC, I am a slow reader, my passages were extremely long and the questions were killer. They had tone questions that asked me what was the authors attitude in this paragraph with words that I had never seen before :oops:. Whatever, not much I can do at this point.

I wish you all luck, if you have been pulling those 8hr+ shifts every day for weeks you should be fine. I studied for 8 weeks.

Kill it!

Honestly, I was so pissed at the Bio questions I got because I had no taxonomy questions, nothing about kingdoms, nothing but physiology systems, it was random like everyone says. I really studied hard for this section, I went through destroyer, cliffs, and krackers biology and made Anki flashcards for all of it. Then just drilled myself as much as I can, that 14 was a disgrace, I knew I had to do something about it. Overall, if you have been putting in time, you will be fine - best piece of advice, go with your first instinct on this section especially, don't second guess yourself.

As for RC, I am a slow reader, my passages were extremely long and the questions were killer. They had tone questions that asked me what was the authors attitude in this paragraph with words that I had never seen before :oops:. Whatever, not much I can do at this point.

I wish you all luck, if you have been pulling those 8hr+ shifts every day for weeks you should be fine. I studied for 8 weeks.

Kill it!

JAB!!! my friend! good job! you get awesome scores! Just apply and wait for those interviews to come rolling in! Im prepping hard for bio too as I am getting scores on the low end as well. How was the test vs. Topscore or Achiever, or the 2009 ADA one?

Awesome improvement JAB!! :)

I don't think that one 17 is going to be much of a problem.

I am retaking my DAT first week of august. Do you mind me asking how long did u study for the retake and what you did to improve this much? thanks!

Thank you to all SDNers. Please give advice.

2010 Today

Bio-14 Bio-20
GC-16 GC-23
Orgo-18 Orgo-23
PAT-18 PAT-19
RC-16 RC-17 :mad: AGFKJAUGDE!!!!!
QR-16 QR-19
TS-15 TS-22 :thumbup:
AA-16 AA-20

Biology - Destroyer, Cliffs, DATQVAULT - I spent a lot of time on this section because I knew I had to do something about that 14.

GC - One word= CHAD. And thank you to Alan for videotapping and posting them online for us, much appreciated.

Orgo - See GC.

PAT - Not sure what happened here. I was getting 21-23 on CDP so I was surprised....btw pattern folding is complete crap!

RC - no comment.

So my RC score just killed me. What you guys think? Retake?

You LITERALLY brought up every single score.... are you kidding me, if that doesn't show your resilient side, then I don't know what would.

IMO, depending on where your GPA sits, you don't need retake.

this was so funny "like really?" lmao

I get your upset with RC but brought up EVERYTHING. some dramatically.

You went from practically below average for all test takers to high 80/90 percentile.

Sure you're RC score will turn off some schools but unless you are a foreign applicant and barely passed english classes, I think most schools will at least give you the benefit of the doubt that you are able to read. I mean a person has to be able to read competently to be able to get through 4 years of college right? At least that's my thinking. If you couldn't read at all you'd be failing classes left and right.

Kill it!
Congrats on ur awesome scores!!! You said u studied for 8 wks but did u also do 8-10 hrs everyday?

thank you for the words of encouragement guys, much appreciated!

JAB!!! my friend! good job! you get awesome scores! Just apply and wait for those interviews to come rolling in! Im prepping hard for bio too as I am getting scores on the low end as well. How was the test vs. Topscore or Achiever, or the 2009 ADA one?

As for Achiever and the 2009 DAT exam, because I did not use either of those resources, I can't tell you much about them lol

As for Topscore, best representation for the sciences! As for RC and QR, find different resources definitely!

Topscore Science:

Bio/GC/Orgo
19/20/20
20/21/20
20/20/20

Only thing about Bio in Topscore was the amount of Taxonomy questions that never showed up on the exam. The single best thing that prepped me for the applying concept questions was datqvault surprisingly.

Awesome improvement JAB!! :)

I don't think that one 17 is going to be much of a problem.

I am retaking my DAT first week of august. Do you mind me asking how long did u study for the retake and what you did to improve this much? thanks!

8 weeks.

Its really all comes down to how much you really want it. I cut off my friends completely, I shot down everyone who wanted to chill, I missed my cousins engagement, and I literally ate, slept and dreamed DAT.

Dedication and hard work will get you there, trust me!