DAT Breakdown Dec 2017 (23 AA, 25 TS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
Major congrats!

Any way you could email the Feralis PDF to pinkdressfrancine åt gmail døt com ? It's my throwaway account.

Reactions: 1 user
Major congrats!

Any way you could email the Feralis PDF to pinkdressfrancine åt gmail døt com ? It's my throwaway account.

Thank you! I'm on my phone but if you Google "feralis pdf", the 1st DAT Bootcamp search result will take you to the downloadable pdf file. Hope that helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
Great score! What order do you watch Bozeman science videos? Thank you :)

Thank you! No specific order really :) Whenever I felt I needed help understanding something or needed more depth than what was written in Cliffs, I would YouTube the respective topic. I mainly remember using Bozeman for cellular respiration, fermentation, photosynthesis, photorespiration and the operons. Don't limit yourself to just Bozeman. Khan Academy and AK Lectures were great as well!

Thank you! No specific order really :) Whenever I felt I needed help understanding something or needed more depth than what was written in Cliffs, I would YouTube the respective topic. I mainly remember using Bozeman for cellular respiration, fermentation, photosynthesis, photorespiration and the operons. Don't limit yourself to just Bozeman. Khan Academy and AK Lectures were great as well!

Roughly how many hours do you study a day when going through the materials? And you're right, reading Cliffs is such a struggle. Some chapters take me more than a day to get through and that was discouraging.

Roughly how many hours do you study a day when going through the materials? And you're right, reading Cliffs is such a struggle. Some chapters take me more than a day to get through and that was discouraging.

It really depended on the day and what else I had going on. It ranged anywhere from 3 to 12 hours. I ramped up to 10 to 12 hours later in the prep as I built stamina and knowledge. I definitely took 2 to 3 days on harder chapters. I would say don't compare how fast you go through material to anyone else's study schedules. Just use them as general guidelines. We all have different backgrounds and strengths and outside-study lives/commitments, so it would be unreasonable to compare. Your goal should be to learn the material like the back of your hand at your own pace. Then you're guaranteed to absolutely destroy the test!

How do your Bootcamp scores compare to the real DAT?

They were all over the place ranging from 16 to 26. I did get a single 30 on test 3 GC. I would say an average of 19-21 for each section indicates you're in a good place. I personally found BC's reading comprehension tests to be extremely difficult, so I didn't use them and can't offer insight on what a good BC RC practice score would be. But I've read datQvault is good for RC practice. Hope that helps and best wishes with your studies!

Hey! Congrats on the awesome DAT score! Just curious, do you remember if you happened to come across any trigonometry or geometry?

Hey! Congrats on the awesome DAT score! Just curious, do you remember if you happened to come across any trigonometry or geometry?

Geometry is definitely on there. I can only recall 1 or 2 trig questions, and all I needed to know was the definition of the trig functions. Hope that helps!

Geometry is definitely on there. I can only recall 1 or 2 trig questions, and all I needed to know was the definition of the trig functions. Hope that helps!

This definitely does help! Thanks so much!

Wow!!!!!!! So Stoked! I thunk those are the best materials out there to study for the DAT!

What did you do to prepare for the biology section? Also, would you mind elaborating on what your daily schedule looked like before you where close to exam day? I am planning to take the DAT in 3 months and I am having an issue setting an effective study routine.

What did you do to prepare for the biology section? Also, would you mind elaborating on what your daily schedule looked like before you where close to exam day? I am planning to take the DAT in 3 months and I am having an issue setting an effective study routine.

To prep for Bio, I took notes on Cliff's first. Then I went through Destroyer with the intention of learning. Destroyer will teach you the details that Cliff's leaves out and it's up to you to use those details to connect and further understand the concepts. Then I went through BC tests 6-10 untimed to start applying everything. Lastly, I went through BC tests 1-5 timed to practice timing and pinpoint which weak points I needed to study more.

4 weeks out from my exam date, I went through BC tests 1-10. I would take a full length test one day and then the next day I would review that whole test by reading the detailed explanations. Since there are 10 tests, that would be a total of 20 days. It took me 10 to 12 hours to review a full length test. I also read a few pages of Feralis each day so that I had gone through it 1x by exam day. As you're planning your schedule, remember to include rest days and also there may be days where you don't finish everything you've scheduled (for various reasons like you're tired) so be flexible or schedule in some make-up days. Hope this helps!

Well done. I didn't quite understand when you stated "My AA would probably be 1 to 2 points higher if I had practiced daily with the PAT generators". Is the PAT part of the AA now?

To prep for Bio, I firstly took notes on Cliff's. Then I went through Destroyer to learn everything in more detail and to connect the dots. Then I went through BC tests 6-10 untimed to start applying everything. Lastly, I went through BC tests 1-5 to test how well I understood everything.

4 weeks out from my exam date, I went through BC tests 1-10. I would take a full length test one day and then the next day I would review that whole test. So if there are 10 tests, then that would be a total of 20 days. I also read the appropriate amount of pages of Feralis each day so that I had read through it 1x by exam day. As you're planning your schedule, remember to include rest days and also there may be days where you don't finish everything scheduled (for various reasons like you're tired) so be flexible. Hope this helps!
Well done. I didn't quite understand when you stated "My AA would probably be 1 to 2 points higher if I had practiced daily with the PAT generators". Is the PAT part of the AA now?

No you're correct, thanks for catching that! PAT is not factored in when calculating AA, which I didn't know haha :D