DAT Breakdown (I just took this for fun)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FutureDDS2001

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Before I start, I just wanted to say that my family is huge and money is not an issue, so please don't get mad that I took a practice DAT test.
With that being said, I am a Junior in high school, but I am 14 years. I skipped 2 years. My parents are both orthodontists and my 4 brothers are all dentists. My 2 other sisters are at UC Berkeley and are planning to go into medicine or dentistry. I lurked around this site for a while and decided to give this test a try, just to see how hard it was. I have to admit that this test was probably one of the hardest tests I have ever had. The PAT was really tricky. Also, the o-chem section took me a lot longer than I thought it would, but luckily my brothers' notes from college prepared me well for that. Anyways, I studied for about 3 days for this test. I probably should have spent more time studying. Nonetheless, I was able to pull out perfect scores on this.

here is my test

1 of my brothers got a 30 AA and the two others got 27 AA. I guess our family is just lucky :)

Does anyone know if there is a way I can apply without going through undergrad?

Members don't see this ad.

Those score are so remarkably high that it's difficult to believe that they are valid; it's not that I doubt your intellect, but even if you had an IQ over 200, it's extremely unlikely that those kind of scores could be achieved because a test such as the PAT correlates so poorly with intelligence. For example, the German literatus Johann Wolfgang von Goethe likely had an IQ in excess of 200, but when he competed with other boys in his town in penmanship, he only averaged 9th out of a group of 30. That is because penmanship correlate so poorly with intelligence that Goethe was not able to easily finish first. Similarly, a test such as the PAT contains so much specificity that no amount of intelligence will allow one to easily get a 30; one needs to exert practice and effort over a long period of time to do well. Moreover, the reading comprehension section of the exam contains more specialized material than more generic standardized tests of reading comprehension so that it too does not correlate as highly with intelligence

If I am mistaken and those scores are valid, then I think you would still need to go through undergrad, but you could very likely get into dental school early as well as enter into an accelerated program and get your D.D.S. within 3 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Those score are so remarkably high that it's difficult to believe that they are valid; it's not that I doubt your intellect, but even if you had an IQ over 200, it's extremely unlikely that those kind of scores could be achieved because a test such as the PAT correlates so poorly with intelligence. For example, the German literatus Johann Wolfgang von Goethe likely had an IQ in excess of 200, but when he competed with other boys in his town in penmanship, he only averaged 9th out of a group of 30. That is because penmanship correlate so poorly with intelligence that Goethe was not able to easily finish first. Similarly, a test such as the PAT contains so much specificity that no amount of intelligence will allow one to easily get a 30; one needs to exert practice and effort over a long period of time to do well. Moreover, the reading comprehension section of the exam contains more specialized material than more generic standardized tests of reading comprehension so that it too does not correlate as highly with intelligence

If I am mistaken and those scores are valid, then I think you would still need to go through undergrad, but you could very likely get into dental school early as well as enter into an accelerated program and get your D.D.S. within 3 years.
Whoosh....

Members don't see this ad :)
If you click on the picture, you can see squares around some of the numbers. I've seen that on photoshop before but it's probably just a coincidence/long-day at work kinda situation.

Reactions: 1 users
I just checked Feralis score report and saw the identical creasing; so, as suspected, the score aren't valid.

Reactions: 5 users
If you In fact used photoshop to manipulate these scores and then attempted to use a narrative to justify them you clearly have self esteem issues. As well, these behaviors don't reflect well on your morality and furthermore indicate that you would be a horrible Heath care professional.

whats odd is that your fabricating a story on a forum where people don't even know who in fact they're talking to, which makes it even more pathetic.

Is it weird that I recognized the creasing in the paper?

It is PSed. You can easily see the white block around 30 numbers.

upload_2015-10-31_19-13-37.png
:beat:

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.