Dat breakdown in 5 weeks! 24AA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kyle Robs

Reaction score
2022 DAT BREAKDOWN (24AA, 24 TS, 23 PAT) In 5 weeks.
Background
Hey guys, I recently took my DAT in late January. I took the updated 2022 version of bio. I started studying the last day of finals over winter break. I studied for 6 weeks but went hunting for a week so effectively 5 weeks of solid studying. Each week, besides Texas hunting, it was treated like a full time job. I got to the school library everyday over winter break at about 7am and stayed till 5pm. I would go to the school gym for an hour, so I was studying for about 9 hours a day. When I would go home, I would casually go over note cards and practice tests on my ipadwhile we watched a movie.
I have a 3.98 gpa but am a nontraditional student. I’m 27 and know how I like to study and how I learn. I left paramedic firefighting last year and decided to go back to school. I was out of school for 3 years before I returned. I returned and decided to test out of Gen Chem using the CLEP exams. So, I have never taken any Gen Chem class, besides principles of chemistry 101. I also had not taken OCHEM 2 before the test, although I did well on OCHEM 1. I say this because DAT Booster really did teach me many things, it was not just a casual review when I was studying. The program does a great job.
I only used DAT Booster and some of the Chads videos on YouTube to explain things from a different angle which helped on a couple topics. I never used the ANKII Deck because I didn’t know what it was. I thought it was the same thing as the DAT Booster quizlet cards, apparently, they’re not haha. Overall, the DAT Booster is plenty to get a great score. I’m a cheap skate and definitely didn’t want to buy more programs than needed.
ACTUAL EXAM SCORES –
AA- 24
TS- 24
QR- 23
RC-23
BIO- 30
GC- 24
OC- 22
PAT-23
DAT BOOSTSER REVIEW
I’ve included every score of every full length test I took below. I think this is helpful to see that the DAT Booster scores were comparable to what I actually got. I was not shocked when I saw my real scores one way or another. I will say that the DAT Booster feels just a hair harder than the real DAT which I think is a good thing, but definitely right in line what it should be. It doesn’t seem like your all of a sudden pull out a score 7 points higher than your practice tests anymore. Seems like the program and the real DAT are very similar in my experience.
DAT BOOSTER full length AA SCORES
18, 20, 19, 20, 19, 18, 21, 22, 22, 24
QR Scores
17, 19, 21, 20, 19, 19, 18, 19, 20, 23
This section was very representative of the real exam. I had read all the other break downs of people getting 12’s on their practice tests and then getting a 25 on the real dat. This was not my experience at all. It seemed very comparable to the real test.
RC Scores-
18, 20, 16, 20, 19, 19, 21,20, 25
This section was similar to the real test as well. Some of the questions on the real DAT seemed to be less about splitting hairs. I chose to read every article entirely and look for the question on the screen as I read, if I found the answer I would go
694BEA06-16E6-42B8-BBB4-1AC0935E3D43.jpeg
to the next question and begin reading from where I had left off. I’m not a fast reader per say, but this seems like the best strategy to really understand the actual article.
BIO Scores
16, 17, 18, 20, 20, 18, 22, 21, 24, 24
Bio felt very similar to the real DAT. I was pretty pumped when I got a 30 on the real thing. There is so much material on this section so I found that studying main points were the way to go. Some topic questions were fairly in depth, but not all of them. I’ve only taken one bio class in the last 4 years which was intro to microbio, but being a paramedic, the human body is a piece of cake to me (for the level of knowledge needed for the DAT). This definitely helped.
GC Scores-
18, 21, 18, 20, 18, 17, 22, 25, 21, 20
Honestly same old same old here, the DAT Boosters exams felt like the real thing. Nothing was surprisingly hard or easy. Know your titrations and redox reactions.
OC Scores-
20, 21, 22, 20, 20, 18, 20, 25, 22, 26
I took this in-between OCHEM 1 and OCHEM 2 semesters. Although I had no prior knowledge of ochem 2 before studying, I feel most of it is ochem 1 material. There are some carbonyl mechanisms that are a must, but for the most part, I was able to reason my way through the real exam with less knowledge on ochem 2 material. That being said this was my lowest Real DAT exam score of 22.
PAT Scores-
18, 20, 22,21, 22, 20, 24, 22, 22, 21
This section I tried to do a little bit every day throughout the day. I would do a couple problems from the generators through out my study day and it seemed to start to make things click in my mind. Overall It felt similar to the DAT or maybe a bit harder than the real thing. But again, representative of the real thing. Which is a good thing, you don’t want to be shocked one way or another on the real day.
ADVICE-
Study hard and fast. I felt like I wasn’t able to hold any more info in my brain when I took the test. As I forced more info in, the other stuff got more rusty. Overall the DAT booster program was a very representative tool and I wasn’t surprised at any section during the real DAT which was worth its weight in gold. Everybody is going to feel great on some days and like an idiot on others, I definitely did. Just study hard and go in thinking you’re the man and you’ll crush it.

Members don't see this ad.

Would you share what you used to study Biology or OC? just DATBooster (and Feralis Notes?)