DAT breakdown TS 21 AA 21

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samini19

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got done with the DAT, couldn't have done it without the help of DAT destroyer and Bootcamp

Breakdown:
PAT 20
QR 22
RC 21
BIO 20
GC 20
OC 23
TS 21
AA 21

DESTROYER 20/10

Just like everyone else says Destroyer is a must, it will kick your butt in the beginning but it will start making sense after the second round. My mistake was not making flash cards of the ones that gave me most trouble. So if I could do something different it would be taking more detailed notes over the questions I got wrong. Use this as every day to get the concepts down. Understand the concepts and not just memorize questions.

BOOTCAMP 10/10
This is also a must, use these practice tests for the sciences after you have gone through Destroyer. The PAT practice tests will give you the most similar example to the real DAT. For math it's a little overkill because it's not very similar to the real DAT, but if you can get a 19,20 on these for math then you will be set. Also the RC will prepare you the most for the real DAT.

Overall just put in the time and effort to study and you will get the score you desire. It's not a sprint rather a marathon so pace yourself while studying don't kill yourself. Again a big shout out to Orgoman, without the destroyer I wouldn't have gotten the score I received.

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1441406073.037424.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Solid scores!! Can you elaborate more on the RC bootcamp vs. the real thing? S&D able? Also would you mind putting up your bootcamp scores?

Chads10/10

Also Chads videos are a must for the chemistries! Watch those and take detailed notes

Solid scores!! Can you elaborate more on the RC bootcamp vs. the real thing? S&D able? Also would you mind putting up your bootcamp scores?

Bootcamp RC was more tone based, but for my DAT it was mostly S&D. My method was similar to the BYU4you method. I read the title and then the first 4-6 paragraphs then went to the questions, when I hit a question that I didn't know I started reading again and I did this until all of the questions were answered. The real DAT you could use S&D and you would be fine. I never recorded my Bootcamp scores but from what I remember
PAT was 19-20
Bio was 20-23
Chem was 20-23
Ochem was 20-24
RC was 17-23
QR was 19-21

These scores were over the 5 practice tests for all of the sections except PAT and for the PAT it was over all the 10 tests.

Hope that helped!

Members don't see this ad :)
my test is in 3 days. i score low on QR 17 average. but you say it is different, so should i not worry (even though i am freakin out a bit lol)

my test is in 3 days. i score low on QR 17 average. but you say it is different, so should i not worry (even though i am freakin out a bit lol)

Expose yourself to different questions. Are your 17s from BC? My QR on the DAT was very straightforward, nothing like BC QR

Expose yourself to different questions. Are your 17s from BC? My QR on the DAT was very straightforward, nothing like BC QR
yes QR from bootcamp. i have 3 more QR tests to go over. so i will take them to build stamina, i guess. i am studying math destroyer right now.

from destroyer i went over 4 tests, which covers most DAT QR. but i still anxiety because i score low on bootcamp tests.

also, i find verbal from bootcamp to be vicious. test 1 = 17, test 2 = 16. i run out of time. any suggestions to reading comprehension?

yes QR from bootcamp. i have 3 more QR tests to go over. so i will take them to build stamina, i guess. i am studying math destroyer right now.

from destroyer i went over 4 tests, which covers most DAT QR. but i still anxiety because i score low on bootcamp tests.

Don't worry about the BC QR scores just keep exposing yourself to diff questions and you will be fine. If you know your trig, basic algebra, and geometry you will be fine

Just got done with the DAT, couldn't have done it without the help of DAT destroyer and Bootcamp

Breakdown:
PAT 20
QR 22
RC 21
BIO 20
GC 20
OC 23
TS 21
AA 21

DESTROYER 20/10

Just like everyone else says Destroyer is a must, it will kick your butt in the beginning but it will start making sense after the second round. My mistake was not making flash cards of the ones that gave me most trouble. So if I could do something different it would be taking more detailed notes over the questions I got wrong. Use this as every day to get the concepts down. Understand the concepts and not just memorize questions.

BOOTCAMP 10/10
This is also a must, use these practice tests for the sciences after you have gone through Destroyer. The PAT practice tests will give you the most similar example to the real DAT. For math it's a little overkill because it's not very similar to the real DAT, but if you can get a 19,20 on these for math then you will be set. Also the RC will prepare you the most for the real DAT.

Overall just put in the time and effort to study and you will get the score you desire. It's not a sprint rather a marathon so pace yourself while studying don't kill yourself. Again a big shout out to Orgoman, without the destroyer I wouldn't have gotten the score I received.

View attachment 195864

samini19 Congratulations!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

The DAT Beast has been slain once again and has been sent back to his cave awaiting his next opponent. Beautiful science scores and all scores above 20.:=|:-): Dental schools will take notice and interviews will be coming your way.

Thank you for the detailed breakdown and the shoutout. We are thrilled our materials were part of your DAT tool box and helped you achieve these scores. The DAT Destroyer will "kick your butt" but if you stick with it the rewards are great.

Wishing you the best in your journey to becoming dentist.

Dr. Jim Romano and Nancy

samini19 Congratulations!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

The DAT Beast has been slain once again and has been sent back to his cave awaiting his next opponent. Beautiful science scores and all scores above 20.:=|:-): Dental schools will take notice and interviews will be coming your way.

Thank you for the detailed breakdown and the shoutout. We are thrilled our materials were part of your DAT tool box and helped you achieve these scores. The DAT Destroyer will "kick your butt" but if you stick with it the rewards are great.

Wishing you the best in your journey to becoming dentist.

Dr. Jim Romano and Nancy

Thank you Dr. Romano, couldn't have done it without your help!