DAT Breakdown - What do you think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ssports382

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I took my DAT today and did not do as well as I would have liked. Nonetheless, my scores went up. I would appreciate your opinions on whether to re-take or not.

My New scores from today are:

PAT: 21 (up 1 pt)
QR: 20 (up 3 pt)
RC: 18 (same)
BIO: 18 (up 1 pt)
GC: 17 (up 2 pt)
OC: 19 (up 2 pt)

TS:18 (up 1 pt)
AA:18 (up 1 pt)

My first time taking the DAT I scored:

PAT: 20
QR: 17
RC: 18
BIO: 17
GC: 15
OC: 17

TS:17
AA:17

I have attached below 2 pictures. One is from todays DAT. The other is an Excel spreadsheet of the scores I was getting up until today in multiple practice study exams. (BC-Bootcamp, Qvault-QV, and Kap-Kaplan)

If you have any questions let me know.

I would like to thank DAT Destroyer, DAT BootCamp and DAT Qvault for their awesome services which helped me increase my score.

I also want to add that I am a reapplicant who applied last year in October and received 1 interview. This year my application was submit the first week of July and most of my secondaries are already complete.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Unofficial score.jpg
    Unofficial score.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 44
  • DAT Practice Scores Outline.xlsx
    37.8 KB · Views: 54
Hi guys, I took my DAT today and did not do as well as I would have liked. Nonetheless, my scores went up. I would appreciate your opinions on whether to re-take or not.

My New scores from today are:

PAT: 21 (up 1 pt)
QR: 20 (up 3 pt)
RC: 18 (same)
BIO: 18 (up 1 pt)
GC: 17 (up 2 pt)
OC: 19 (up 2 pt)

TS:18 (up 1 pt)
AA:18 (up 1 pt)

My first time taking the DAT I scored:

PAT: 20
QR: 17
RC: 18
BIO: 17
GC: 15
OC: 17

TS:17
AA:17

I have attached below 2 pictures. One is from todays DAT. The other is an Excel spreadsheet of the scores I was getting up until today in multiple practice study exams. (BC-Bootcamp, Qvault-QV, and Kap-Kaplan)

If you have any questions let me know.

I would like to thank DAT Destroyer, DAT BootCamp and DAT Qvault for their awesome services which helped me increase my score.

I also want to add that I am a reapplicant who applied last year in October and received 1 interview. This year my application was submit the first week of July and most of my secondaries are already complete.

Congratulations!

Your brought your scores up and that is not easy. A lot will depend on where you are applying and your GPA. I would not consider a retake without exploring all options.

Wishing you the best!

Nancy

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! At least you improved in all sections! Nice. Just curious, what did you do differently the second time around? I got almost identical scores to what you got the first time around(in the process of taking it again in October). Did you study a lot more? Did you use the same materials?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I also took my DAT 2 times. To be honest, if I were you I would retake and give adcoms no reason to reject you. I am pretty sure you can improve more. Aim for 20+

Just curious, what did you do differently the second time around? I got almost identical scores to what you got the first time around(in the process of taking it again in October). Did you study a lot more? Did you use the same materials?

I definitely studied a lot more. More so than studying more was the way I studied. Anything I didn't understand in a practice exam I would take notes on the entire subject, especially what DAT Qvault or bootcamp would have in the explanations. DAT Destroyer is amazing for Bio and the RoadMaps for Orgo were great. Make notecards of every individual reaction of all the roadmaps. I also would recommend going through majority of your material/practice exams twice, understanding that the second score doesn't necessarily reflect what you will get because you've seen those exact questions. More important is that you understand why something is right or wrong thoroughly.

Best of luck.