DAT breakdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hope_to_match

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
PAT 16 :scared:
QR 16
RC 18
Bio 17 :mad:
GC 21
OC 19
TS 19
AA 18

I just got home guys. I am very disappointed with PAT and Bio. PAT felt like Achiever 2X harder. :confused:

Bio was the most random thing i have ever seen. Many questions i was like 'wtf?'

Anyway. I will post my breakdown later...might as well cry :(

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Damn...were you nervous or was the test super hard? It seemed you were doing awesome on your practice scores :(

Damn...were you nervous or was the test super hard? It seemed you were doing awesome on your practice scores :(

i wasnt nervous actually but i dont know how i scored 16 in PAT..i was averaging 19-20 on all practice tests except achiever. i was scoring 16 in achiever and thats what i got on the test. all the hole punches (about 10/15) where weird folds..do you think i should retake?

shoot..i have mine in a couple days, and I honestly just gave up on studying bio lol....and i haven't looked at pat or rc, cuz i just figured it is what it is..... and now im scared lol...i thought u were going to do really well. T_T_T_T_...... u need to retake tho..as sad as it is...two 16s are not gonna look too good i think.

btw for QR, did you get any questions for elipses or statistics if you remember?

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure honestly, depends on your grades and where you apply.

I know what you mean about the PAT though. When I took the DAT my first time the PAT was relatively simple and even though I was HORRIBLE at it I somehow pulled off an 18 (i used to get 15-16 on CDP). Then when I took the DAT my 2nd time I got a 15 in the PAT even though I had practiced more

This test is BS honestly, some people will tell you how easy it was (my first experience) and others will tell you it was the hardest test of their lives (my 2nd experience). It shouldn't be that way

Maybe it's because you took it on friday the 13th :scared:

All jokes aside, I guess the next course of action would be figure out what made you trip up and retake. You can do it! :)

Maybe it's because you took it on friday the 13th :scared:

Saturday the 14th.

Sorry to hear about your scores. It's tough to not be happy with them after spending so much time preparing. Take this time though to relax your brain and try to enjoy the fact that you are done with this test (for now, should you decide to re-take). Grab a cold one and take time to decompress.

oh man, i remember when i got home and i wasn't happy with my score, my boyfriend took me out and i did not enjoy my time at all, i kept thinking "all this time and i end up with an 18?"
but, it gets better trust me, don't beat yourself up for this, a retake isn't that bad, look back at what you've done wrong and learn from it. "every mistake is a lesson learned"
maybe practice more, practice on your weak areas.
we have similar scores, and i got an interview from my school of choice, so don't give up.

good luck, try to relax today

I'm sorry to hear about you scores. I know the feeling as well because I experienced it last fall when I took it and didn't get the scores I wanted. I pray I get the scores I want this time around. Keep your head up.... now you know how they ask questions so your going to be better prepared. You might not even have to retake it, you never know depending on the school....Good Luck

don't take your scores to heart...they don't account for the tremendous hard work or true intelligence that you possess. I say these exams are, for the most part, recognition, regurgitation, and luck. Just study harder and come back to destroy it.

don't take your scores to heart...they don't account for the tremendous hard work or true intelligence that you possess. I say these exams are, for the most part, recognition, regurgitation, and luck. Just study harder and come back to destroy it.

Relax for a few weeks and get back up there. Also, submit your scores, never know.

I agree. The fact that everyone gets a different set of questions for his/her test is the issue. To make the test more fair, they should make it like the SAT where everyone takes the same version of the test on the same day.

I agree. The fact that everyone gets a different set of questions for his/her test is the issue. To make the test more fair, they should make it like the SAT where everyone takes the same version of the test on the same day.

I don't have a problem with taking a different test, but in terms of difficulty they should all be the same and it's up to the test makers to figure out how to do this. It is completely unfair for them to administer tests of varying difficulty. It's like someone taking an Achiever exam vs someone else taking a Topscore exam and claiming the person who took Topscore knew their material better just because they scored higher. It's a huge flaw in this system.

Im so devastated my practice scores were above 20+ for the past 3 weeks. Ehh i dont know. Bio and PAT were very hard and questions were 2 or 3 order you had to apply knowledge from 3 diff topics to answer

Members don't see this ad :)
Im so devastated my practice scores were above 20+ for the past 3 weeks. Ehh i don't know. Bio and PAT were very hard and questions were 2 or 3 order you had to apply knowledge from 3 diff topics to answer. I can honestly say I did not expect to see a 16 in pat

Im so devastated my practice scores were above 20+ for the past 3 weeks. Ehh i don't know. Bio and PAT were very hard and questions were 2 or 3 order you had to apply knowledge from 3 diff topics to answer. I can honestly say I did not expect to see a 16 in pat

Did you take full tests of BootCamp? Was it not representative?

No. I think everything else was pretty straightforward. I can honestly say that orgo was a bit on the 'hard' side. Not as straightforward as practice tests. Other than that only pat and bio seemed out of this world hard. I am not trying to blame my f-up on something else, but I am being honest here I did not half ass studying. My practice scores show that.

None of the practice tests (bootcamp, qvault etc...) were representative for Bio. I had all materials. I think for my test Achiever was on par for bio

I'm guessing for Bio you didn't get a lot of straight forward questions then. Did you get those annoying ones where you had to analyze a table/graph/chart etc or stuff like that?

I'm guessing for Bio you didn't get a lot of straight forward questions then. Did you get those annoying ones where you had to analyze a table/graph/chart etc or stuff like that?

I remember doing tables in some practice problems but charts/graphs? Hmm... what? lol.

I remember doing tables in some practice problems but charts/graphs? Hmm... what? lol.

Well for graphs I know they can throw stuff like an oxygen disassociation curve at you and ask you to predict which way it will shift depending on different factors. There are a few problems like this in Destroyer Bio (I think there's even one involving predator-prey relationships?). They're not always difficult, but if you haven't seen them before it can take a bit more time to answer them.

The 09 ADA didn't have any of these problems I believe. I thought the Bio section of the 09 ADA was a joke honestly, it's hard to believe some people can get an exam like that while others don't. :confused:

What your percentile for the exams? Maybe that will indicate how hard or easy exam?

Oh wow. I honestly thought you were ready to tackle the DAT. Your practice scores were good. Just nervous? Your bio questions must have been hard. I didn't have any of these graphs/charts/tables you all are talking about on my bio test. Must be something new.

PAT was hard for me too. I was lucky to end up with the score I ended up with.

Don't get discouraged. If you already applied this year, maybe you can add some schools that maybe you hadn't thought about before. The good news is that if you had to make 16s on any sections, those were the two sections to make them in. I know a student in dental school with a 15 PAT and 16QR. The bad news is that your application is towards the late side for some schools that don't look at unofficial score reports, but you never know.

If you are not applying this year, the good news is that you can relax for a bit and now be ready to tackle the test again in May or June. Give yourself time to apply early for the next cycle.

Looks like you and I both will be lurking the forums soon asking questions. Good luck studying for your retake if you decide to take it again, as for now, I'm taking a study break.

i wasnt nervous actually but i dont know how i scored 16 in PAT..i was averaging 19-20 on all practice tests except achiever. i was scoring 16 in achiever and thats what i got on the test. all the hole punches (about 10/15) where weird folds..do you think i should retake?

Check out my PAT breakdown on my DAT breakdown thread. Weird folds are now being introduced on the DAT and DAT qVault's PAT section is amazing at this section, as well as all of the others.

Eugeniager, keep your chin, your score is just really close to matriculant/accepted score. depending on where you apply, some schools will gladly offer spring interviews so you still might get some interviews. if it makes you feel better, I spent a lot of money/3 months and got a 17 AA. talk about epic fail

I totally agree with you that the ADA 09 is a joke, I got a 22 on it and my biggest worry was the reading on that exam, turns out the reading on my actual DAT was one of my better scores.

PAT 16 :scared:
QR 16
RC 18
Bio 17 :mad:
GC 21
OC 19
TS 19
AA 18

I just got home guys. I am very disappointed with PAT and Bio. PAT felt like Achiever 2X harder. :confused:

Bio was the most random thing i have ever seen. Many questions i was like 'wtf?'

Anyway. I will post my breakdown later...might as well cry :(

When are you planning to retake? It seems that you were going do well too..

Last edited: