Dec 5, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
for some reason i'm having SO much trouble marking the cross at the ends. I can't seem to get them perfectly in the middle and perpendicular to each other. Can anyone help?

Mar 24, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
From the looks of it, it sounds as though you're talking about the MDT (manual dexterity) section of the Canadian DAT. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending how you look at it), the American DAT doesn't have this section, thus, many of the American pre-dental students here on SDN would not have knowledge of how to tackle that part of the Canadian DAT.

Suffice to say, perhaps I could redirect you to http://forums.premed101.com/index.php?/forum/7-dental-student-general-discussions/ where they would be more likely to have an answer to your question!

Good luck this November!

OP
G
Dec 5, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
I know haha, but premed101 is not the most lively forum and I know lots of canadians are here too.

Mar 24, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
I know haha, but premed101 is not the most lively forum and I know lots of canadians are here too.
That's true lol. I think I saw a post on premed101 about MDT...or that might have been you? There aren't too many people who are writing the MDT nowadays besides a select few who are applying to Alberta, etc.
Tbh, worst case scenario, use Youtube (Y).

May 19, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
If you're in Alberta, take the Rock the DAT course from the U of A students. They're all carving gods, and will give you tips on how to do all the shapes you might need. If you're not in Alberta, then sorry I wasn't helpful haha.

OP
G
Dec 5, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
I know rock the dat! But yeah I'm not in alberta so I can't take it unfortunately.

May 19, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
I know rock the dat! But yeah I'm not in alberta so I can't take it unfortunately.
Sorry, maybe YouTube then! For the right angles, using the corner of the ruler really helps. And if you peel the ruler in half, it won't slip against the soap anymore. Also, if you use your blade to cut off like 5mm off the end of your ruler, it helps to even out the right angles (in saddles and notches and such). Hope that helps!