DAT Classroom Course vs. DAT Live Online

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arashm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello student(doctors)s. for those who have experience with kaplan, which is better? sorry if the question has been asked before and thanks in advance for the answers.
by the way, i have taken the dat once before.

Members don't see this ad.

hello student(doctors)s. for those who have experience with kaplan, which is better? sorry if the question has been asked before and thanks in advance for the answers.

Classroom tutors were useless from my experience. The only help I felt was of any use were tips on the PAT. Otherwise, buy the blue book from a barnes and noble and study it on your own. Save $1000 to buy DAT destroyer, Topscore, DAT Achiever, Math destroyer and still have money left to take your girl out.

i used kaplan's dat guide last year and i didn't do well on the test. as for the math destroyer, it would be a waste of money for me as my score was in the 94 percentile while my other scores were in the 50-60s.

It depends on how much help you need. Some people say that the Kaplan Classroom Course is very good teaching the basics and little "tricks" in order the make the test "more comfortable" (if that makes sence lol)... now if got the basics down and really want to find out where you need further help... definitely go with Destroyer or some other programs that challenges your knowledge. Some people say that Achiever is really hard... but if you feel like testing yourself... thats another good option.

GL

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't do the kaplan thing, I did self study.... But MANY people around here always say that the kaplan classroom is a joke. HOWEVER, the kaplain online assignments and tests (that you only get access to if your enrolled into thier class or thier online class) is HUGE, I mean I've seen a few folks around here who got 23+AA using the kaplain online stuff religiously

I did live online not long time ago. If I were to choose again, I will probably go with just the online course (pre-recorded). That's more than enough for me. My biggest problem for self-study is I can't make up a working schedule that I can stick to so I kind of keep missing my tasks. If you are like me, you will probably be ok with online course.