DAT complete but...low QR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dental140

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just took my DAT today....
PAT 25 QR 16 RC 21 Bio 21 GC 23 Ochem 25 TS 23, AA 21

Will this QR score greatly affect my chances???? I've read on here that QR is the least important and that I should be okay.....I really hope I don't have to retake... I have a 3.79 overall GPA and a 3.67 Science GPA.

I've applied to Colorado, OSHU, MWU, Utah, Roseman, and UNLV. (yes I'm a Utah resident)

I really want to be excited about my scores, but I keep thinking about my QR... :((

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Haha do not retake. I have a friend entering dental school this fall with similar DAT scores and lower GPA. She had a 17 in QR. Your DAT and GPA are strong but you should consider applying to more schools.

I think you are fine! Good job. I would call around and make sure none of the schools you apply to have cutoffs .

Utah seems to be pretty understanding from my experience with them so far.

And I know people with low scores at roseman

Worth giving them a call and asking.

Members don't see this ad :)
I talked with a staff member from Roseman saturday they have a minimum cutoff at 17 but if it is QR they generally make an exception.

Update: A 16 QR ended up being okay! I have heard back from 4/6 schools so far!

Reactions: 1 users
That's awesome to hear. I'm most nervous for QR as I haven't done math since first year university. What part of QR did you find hardest on the DAT?

That's awesome to hear. I'm most nervous for QR as I haven't done math since first year university. What part of QR did you find hardest on the DAT?
I prepared the least for the QR section unfortunately. It was my last priority and that showed on test day. Also it being the last section on the DAT didn't help either.... If I could go back I would have went over Math Destroyer at least 2 times (I only went over it once because I ran out of time) and make sure I understood each problem (not to just try and memorize) in and out. Everything in that book is essential to know for the DAT so if you feel confident after going through it you will do well. I did not feel confident but I didn't have time left and I had postponed 3 times already so I just wanted to get it over with.