DAT Completed 7/20/09

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cgh015

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I just finished my DAT today and am headed to Florida for the beach! I would like some feedback on my scores and my chances at schools. I will do a breakdown whenever I get back from my much needed vacation.

PAT - 19 (angle rankings..........hahaha impossible)
QR - 16 (hard as f**k!):eek:
RC - 24
Bio - 20
GC - 17
OC - 21

TS - 20
AA - 20

Also I am a Bio Major with one year remaining. My cum. gpa ~3.85, sci gpa ~3.92

I was looking into LSU, Alabama, Baylor, and some others. Thanks in advance for your comments both positive or negative.

Members don't see this ad.

Nice job and awesome GPA. Enjoy FL! It's a great place to be especially after that test :)

Angle ranking was crazy, I agree. I wish I could get the test to see what I got right/wrong. They all looked the same haha. And yeah QR was awful too.

Congrats on the scores!!! You sure deserve a beach vacation!!! :thumbup:

What was hard with the math? The problems itself or the fact that you couldn't use a calculator? Both?

Members don't see this ad :)
RC - 24

Congrats with the awesome scores :thumbup:

QR hard as **** is because there were too many word problems? Are the questions similar to destroyer's or the ADA's?

As for RC, did you get a lot of tone or questions like "which of the following strengthen or weaken the author's opinions" types? Do you think you had easy passages? Were you able to use search and destroy? Thanks.

Good scores man..Congrat. I also had my DAT this morning. Did Allrite not that great tho.:rolleyes:

Hey I just finished my DAT today and am headed to Florida for the beach! I would like some feedback on my scores and my chances at schools. I will do a breakdown whenever I get back from my much needed vacation.

PAT - 19 (angle rankings..........hahaha impossible)
RC - 24
Bio - 20
GC - 17
OC - 21

TS - 20
AA - 20

Also I am a Bio Major with one year remaining. My cum. gpa ~3.85, sci gpa ~3.92

I was looking into LSU, Alabama, Baylor, and some others. Thanks in advance for your comments both positive or negative.

Hey guys,

Just gonna get back with you on a few things, so here yall go:

Biology: I was very ticked off with this section because it seemed like 90 percent of the crap i studied wasn't even on the test. Most of it was pretty general, but I had more ecology, evolution, genetics than actual anatomy and physiology (which is what i'm good at) on the test. I would have killed bio if it wasn't mostly on all that crap, but anyway it was mostly really general. There were maybe 10 that were difficult, and like 2 or 3 that were absurd. Not Bad though.
GChem: As for this, I haven't had a gchem class in three years and basicly couldn't remember how to do a lot of the more tedious calculations. Like bio, It was extremely random, but most of the questions were set up for you.
OChem: I always liked Ochem so thats why i did pretty good on this. Almost all the questions were pretty general and easy. Like 2 or three spectroscopy stuff and the rest were general rxns like SN2, E2, etc.
RC: This was very easy. I used the search and destroy method, and I didnt have a piano or frap passage. I had maybe 10 inference questions on this.
PAT: I expected a lot higher score on this. The folds and angles were a lot harder than TOPscore, but the other three were easier. The angles were damn near impossible to differentiate between, literally like 1 or 2 degrees. Unless you can differentiate between very very very minute differences, then this section is just all guessing. Also the hole punching was much more complex and confusing than TOPscore.
QR: I literally wanted to break the screen from my luck of the draw on this section. I had probably 30 worded problems. I was 20 questions in with 15 min remaining and basicly had to guess on half of the problems. I mean the problems weren't bad, I could have done all of them, but most of mine were worded and were taking me as long as three min to do apiece. Its the time rush that really makes this section difficult. I had everything from probability, VERY complex geometry (like asking the area of massive complex polygons), algebra, trig, and a ton of word problems.

As for the studying goes. I had the Kaplan BB, Topscore, and a 1997 version of the Princeton/OAT study guide (which imo was way better than kap). As for studying....haha, I'm really ADHD and couldn't make myself study for like a month. I took the practice tests over and over again and then the week before I poured in about 10 hours a day making note cards for everything, reviewing old organic, i looked at those chad's videos for gchem ( but obviously didnt work because 90 percent of the questions were on stuff I didn't remember how to do), I also used Campbell's bio book (which is the book the bio questions come from), I also referenced schaums chemistry and bio but didnt read them.

I hope this helps yall out, anything else I can remember Ill put up. Like I said this test is so random, unfortunately most of the "random" things were on stuff I didnt go over. Thanks for your comments though:D

Time to get drunk:eek: