DAT Completed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dannykh94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
IMG_4726.JPG

Above are the scores I received upon completion of the DAT last week and I would like to share with you all what I did to prep for this exam. For the sciences, I mainly used the DAT Destroyer. Thats what i found to be most helpful for the sciences. Ofcourse, I went over my notes but for the most part I went over each question in that book about 2-3 times to the point where i knew it like a religion. For the quantitative reasoning, i just used the Math Destroyer. I didnt really do much for the reading thats worth telling. For the PAT, I used Crack the PAT and some youtube videos. The hardest part of the PAT for me was the TFE view. This guy: helped me alot. He also has a hole punching video if anyone needs that. Additionally, to the DAT Destroyer, i took a look at the DAT achiever and DAT Bootcamp, but in my opinion, I thought they were off the mark and didnt really reflect the actual exam as well as it should have. For the most part, there werent any "new" or strange questions I encountered while taking the exam after ripping through the destroyers. Honestly guys, my advice in prepping for the DAT would be to include the destroyers in addition to whatever youre using. I wouldn't be hyping them up if i didnt recieve scores like these. In conclusion this is what i mainly used for the DAT:
Sciences-destroyer
Math-destroyer
PAT-Crack the PAT + youtube videos

Members don't see this ad.

Great job and congratulations on the scores! Did you do all 15 tests in Math Destroyer or did you only go through part of that book?

Reactions: 1 user
Great job and congratulations on the scores! Did you do all 15 tests in Math Destroyer or did you only go through part of that book?

Thank you! This is from the back of my head but i did tests 1-6,7,10,11,13,14,15. Also, i made a set of flashcards for each of the formulas and things written in the beginning of the book before the tests start and memorized those.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,
I just took the DAT and got

AA 20

TS 19
BIO 18
GC 22
OC 19

PAT 22
RC 21
QR 19

I won't be applying until next cycle (june 2015). I was wondering anyone thinks that I should retake the test. I have been looking around and seeing that most averages for those admitted to dental school is a 20-21 with a TS of 20-21 so I am a little nervous because my Total Science is lower than that.

I also have a total gpa of 3.97 and a science gpa of 3.97

My EC's are lacking, the only things I really have are D1 athlete for 3 years and pre-dental club!
However, I am hoping to use this year to get that in order!

Just looking for some opinions!

Hi all,
I just took the DAT and got

AA 20

TS 19
BIO 18
GC 22
OC 19

PAT 22
RC 21
QR 19

I won't be applying until next cycle (june 2015). I was wondering anyone thinks that I should retake the test. I have been looking around and seeing that most averages for those admitted to dental school is a 20-21 with a TS of 20-21 so I am a little nervous because my Total Science is lower than that.

I also have a total gpa of 3.97 and a science gpa of 3.97

My EC's are lacking, the only things I really have are D1 athlete for 3 years and pre-dental club!
However, I am hoping to use this year to get that in order!

Just looking for some opinions!

You really should post this in a new thread bud.

We are pleased to hear that you found the Destroyers so helpful! Congrats, we wish you all the best with your future career.

Reactions: 1 users
How did you use the destroyers to help you? Like did you just go through the questions and solutions or was there more to your method of studying?

How did you use the destroyers to help you? Like did you just go through the questions and solutions or was there more to your method of studying?
I first reviewed all my notes from gen chem, orgo and bio. Then I did all the questions in the destroyer and made sure i understand how to do each. Once i did them all, i ran through them again. Nothing special just reviewed the notes and did each question 2-3 times.