Dat Course Plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pupsingh

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok so im gonna submit my app the day i take the dat (june 13th), get my scores, put em in and click submit. however, if i dont like my scores, can i just submit the scores, take the kaplan course over the summer, then in september take it again and update the application? does this sound like a good plan?

Members don't see this ad.

That sounds ok, except I would just submit your app now if it is ready. There really is no point in holding off. You need to get AADSAS working on your app. They take forever. Everyone will get your DAT scores anyway. Hope that helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
unless you are waiting for grades, you should just submit now.

it will take them several weeks to get your app out, but the DAT is just a self-report that the schools will check against a REAL dat scoresheet in their own database that they recieve from ADA ( not prometric)

so does that mean that i should submit now, and when i get my scores can i log back into the application and put in the scores?

AADSAS and DAT are two entirely different companies. Anything you put in AADSAS as a DAT score will need to be verified with an official score. You should put your anticipated test date into AADSAS and submit AADSAS as early as possible. AADSAS will send your application to the schools and the ADA/DAT people will send your DAT scores to the schools.

so does that mean that i should submit now, and when i get my scores can i log back into the application and put in the scores?

yes... DAT scores are one section of the application that you can change after you submit the application. submit it now and update it after you take the DAT.