1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

DAT dates

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by daa2295, May 16, 2018.

1. daa2295

Pre-Dental
    Do I need to apply to take the DAT in order to see the dates the DAT is available? Essentially, do I need to pay the $460 fee to apply, then decide which day I am going to take the DAT?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. meesh_mint

Pre-Dental
    No, you can check the test dates without applying to take the test. Google "locate a test center Prometric", locate ADA as the testing sponsor, and click "I want to locate a test center" (green button in the middle).

Enter your state, choose DAT as the exam, and then enter your address. You can choose "availability" after you locate a specific testing site and a then a calendar will appear with all of the available test dates and times for that center.

Most people recommend booking your test around 2 months in advance so that you can get the location and time that you want. Also note that your application to take the test takes around a day or two to be processed.

babytomato likes this.
  4. LittleKay

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    On top of what Meesh_mint said up above, there should be a "Check Seat Availability" option at whatever location you select. You can see times of day they have a seat open, and what days are available in X month.