DAT dates

Started by daa2295
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

daa2295

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do I need to apply to take the DAT in order to see the dates the DAT is available? Essentially, do I need to pay the $460 fee to apply, then decide which day I am going to take the DAT?
 
No, you can check the test dates without applying to take the test. Google "locate a test center Prometric", locate ADA as the testing sponsor, and click "I want to locate a test center" (green button in the middle).

Enter your state, choose DAT as the exam, and then enter your address. You can choose "availability" after you locate a specific testing site and a then a calendar will appear with all of the available test dates and times for that center.

Most people recommend booking your test around 2 months in advance so that you can get the location and time that you want. Also note that your application to take the test takes around a day or two to be processed.
 
On top of what Meesh_mint said up above, there should be a "Check Seat Availability" option at whatever location you select. You can see times of day they have a seat open, and what days are available in X month.