1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

DAT dates

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by daa2295, May 16, 2018 at 9:40 AM.

1. daa2295

Pre-Dental
    Do I need to apply to take the DAT in order to see the dates the DAT is available? Essentially, do I need to pay the $460 fee to apply, then decide which day I am going to take the DAT?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. meesh_mint

Pre-Dental
    No, you can check the test dates without applying to take the test. Google "locate a test center Prometric", locate ADA as the testing sponsor, and click "I want to locate a test center" (green button in the middle).

Enter your state, choose DAT as the exam, and then enter your address. You can choose "availability" after you locate a specific testing site and a then a calendar will appear with all of the available test dates and times for that center.

Most people recommend booking your test around 2 months in advance so that you can get the location and time that you want. Also note that your application to take the test takes around a day or two to be processed.

babytomato likes this.
  4. LittleKay

Pre-Dental
    On top of what Meesh_mint said up above, there should be a "Check Seat Availability" option at whatever location you select. You can see times of day they have a seat open, and what days are available in X month.