DAT dates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lovologist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Another newb question. When is the DAT given in the spring (like marchish)? How long does it take for the scores to be sent to schools? How long after you take it do you get your results?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

It is a computerized exam and is offered everyday of the year, except Sunday at Prometric Test Centers. The results are provided instantly after your finish the exam. I'm not sure when the schools receive your scores, though.

Hope this helps.

I believe the schools receive your scores in 2 days or so. It is fairly quick.

Members don't see this ad :)
Schools can download your scores online a few days after the DAT, and some will even let you fax them your unofficial copy. However, your official scores don't get mailed out for about 2-3 weeks, and I believe (but I'm not completely certain) that most schools do wait for these.

I know that the DAT is offerred pretty much everyday but in terms of the grades being sent out i think they range anywhere from 2 days to 3 weeks. Some of my schoosl received the grades earlier than others so.