DAT Destroyer 1st time through

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thesellsword

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
2 somewhat quick questions for those of you who've taken the DAT. I just finished my first run through destroyer, and I got about 79-80% right on each section, with little guessing. My question is this: do you think, assuming on my second run, I do not improve significantly, is that an indicator of not doing well on the DAT? How much should I aim to get right on Destroyer as a benchmark of sorts to gauge my readiness? I'm shooting for 21+'s across the board on sciences...I guess, what I'm trying to say, will say getting 90% right on Destroyer, correlate to a higher likelihood of getting a 21 or 22 on a given section? Thank you in advance for your support!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All,
2 somewhat quick questions for those of you who've taken the DAT. I just finished my first run through destroyer, and I got about 79-80% right on each section, with little guessing. My question is this: do you think, assuming on my second run, I do not improve significantly, is that an indicator of not doing well on the DAT? How much should I aim to get right on Destroyer as a benchmark of sorts to gauge my readiness? I'm shooting for 21+'s across the board on sciences...I guess, what I'm trying to say, will say getting 90% right on Destroyer, correlate to a higher likelihood of getting a 21 or 22 on a given section? Thank you in advance for your support!!

Hard to say. The DAT Destroyer is an excellent tool for guiding your studies, but doing the Destroyer alone may not be an accurate indicator or your actual performance. Keep in mind that some of the questions in it are WAY harder than what you would really see on the real DAT. However if you're understanding all of the concepts and questions in the Destroyer, then it is a very good sign. What other sources have you been using to study?

Getting many questions right in the Destroyer will definitely put you in the ball park of high percentile scores. However, it Depends on the DAT and what questions you get. Just make sure you carefully study all topics, espescially the questions that you answerd wrong. You never know what questions show up on the DAT. Good luck.

Sent from my SPH-710 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys!
I'm using DAT Destroyer, CDP for reading comp and perception, Cliff's biology, and I've just started going over Chad's videos. I used the Kaplan MCAT books for bio and gen chem, in addition to Exam Cracker for gen chem. I re-skimmed my orgo textbook(Wade) for orgo. I'm going to work on memorizing the roadmaps in Destroyer as well. And Math Destroyer for QR.
I'm hoping this should be enough. Oh, I also have TopScore, but I'm saving that til I get closer to the exam. Gonna pick up Achiever as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sweet. CrackDAT is the closest you'll get to the real PAT. RC is great too. The roadmaps in the Destroyer are gold. I waited till the last few weeks to do TopScore. The scores you get on it should reflect what you'll get on the real thing so save it as if you were saving your virginity.

I haven't tried the Achiever for myself, but I heard it is extremely difficult and a confidence destroyer. If you use the Achiever, use it early on in your studies.

Oh and one more thing I'd like to recommend is Q-vault. The science and reading helped me a lot. Plus it gives you a score 1-30 so you can actually see where you stand compared to how everyone else did. I used Q-vault towards the end of my studied when I ran out of practice tests.

Haha, thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Oh yeah, I have qvault as well, only for bio though. Been scoring in the 19-22 range on the first 4. I'm hoping to finish up the rest soon. And how'd you end up doing, if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:
Haha, thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Oh yeah, I have qvault as well, only for bio though. Been scoring in the 19-22 range on the first 4. I'm hoping to finish up the rest soon, God Willing. And how'd you end up doing, if you don't mind me asking?

On the real thing? I think I scored a 22 for bio, an 18 for gen chem, and a 23 for ochem. So that's about 21 on Natural Sciences. I'll probably post a full DAT breakdown with the rest of the scores sometime in the future.

79-80% the first time through the destroyer. I'll say without hesitation you are in good shape mate.
Keep doing it and you will definitely improve. For PAT I would say the achiever will prepare you well. Just keep in mind that it is hard.
Good luck