DAT Destroyer 2011 Breakdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The10thDentist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just retook the DAT Nov. 20 and my unofficial score report was: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/98748533/DAT Scores.jpg
PAT-25; QR-24; RC-25; Bio-23; GC-29; OC-29; TS-26; AA-26.

I used Kaplan first time. Second time, didn't touch Kaplan BB. Here's a quick summary.
Bio: Cliff's AP Bio + Barron's AP Bio
Orgo, Gen Chem, and QR: Chad's Videos
RC: I did a couple practice tests from the Barron's DAT Book Just to figure out my strategy. (Map Questions, Read/Skim Passage while Search and destroying.
PAT: Crack DAT PAT
And the most useful resource: DAT Destroyer! Did it twice after reviewing all topics. Reviewed all answers twice, even if I got them correct. Googled anything I didn't fully understand and SDN has a thread on pretty much every question/answer that was unclear.

I studied for about a month and a half. and finish the DAT destroyer for the second time the day before my exam. I think that was key, because everything was fresh in my mind.

Here's how I broke up the DAT Destroyer 2011:
OC, GC, Bio - 9 days; Math - 6 Days

And here is a link to my answer forms you can printout to use:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/98748533/DAT Destroyer - 2011 Version.pdf

Good luck!

Day 1
OC: 1-28
GC: 1-29
BIO: 1-47

Day 2
OC: 29-56
GC: 30-58
BIO: 48-94

Day 3
OC: 57-84
GC: 59-87
BIO: 95-141

Day 4
OC: 85-112
GC: 88-116
BIO: 142-188
Math: 1-26

Day 5
OC: 113-140
GC: 117-145
BIO: 189-235
Math: 26-52

Day 6
OC: 141-168
GC: 146-174
BIO: 236-282
Math: 53-78

Day 7
OC: 169-196
GC: 175-203
BIO: 283-329
Math: 79-104

Day 8
OC: 197-224
GC: 204-232
BIO: 330-376
Math: 105-130

Day 9
OC: 225-248
GC: 233-257
BIO: 377-420
Math: 131-153

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
This is awesome - clean and concise, thank you!

This is excellent. Thanks for putting the work into making this! Did you use MS Word to create the template? If so, would you mind uploading that, too? I'm using the 2012 edition and would like to add a few more question boxes.

Would you mind posting the modified doc when you've finished up? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome breakdown. I cannot wait to see your scores. I am positive you will do well. Great job.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

PreDentLimbo, it sounds like we used almost exactly the same resources. It proves that they work and that you DON'T have to buy every resource on the market to do well! Congratulations to you on the massive improvement, and thank you for being so kind as to share this with everyone! :) Best of luck to you!

Thanks Glimmer! Just read your thread, I think we might be twins, lol. Yeah, I'm not great at memorizing, but I think if you truly understand things, you don't have to memorize much. That's why I loved Chad's videos.

How similar did you find the DAT Destroyer questions to the questions in the natural sciences section of the exam? I have heard the destroyer questions are harder, and I am getting around 80% of those correct (first attempt), so I am hoping that I will be in good shape come exam time

How similar did you find the DAT Destroyer questions to the questions in the natural sciences section of the exam? I have heard the destroyer questions are harder, and I am getting around 80% of those correct (first attempt), so I am hoping that I will be in good shape come exam time

The general consensus is that the destroyer is significantly harder than the actual exam. When is your exam scheduled?

You're going to do great! I was getting 60 percent on it first time around. Just make sure you review all of the questionable right or wrong and understand the solutions. Dat destroyer wasbharder but a lot of identical question.

My exam is scheduled for January 19th. Im feeling pretty good about the survey of the natural sciences and the reading comprehension sections, but I still have much work to do if I would like to receive high marks on the perceptual ability and quantitative reasoning (which is odd because I usually consider myself very capable at math, yet for some reason the trigonometry is blowing me out of the water). Hopefully I can score as well as you, that score is quite impressive. :xf: Thank you guys very much for the input on the destroyer questions versus the real test! Makes me feel a little more confident!