DAT destroyer #89

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joonkimdds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Due to its copyright, i won't be able to copy and paste it here, but it gave me sequence starting from 5' to 3' and said
"This ribonucleotide polymer could form a double stranded structure with which of the following sequences?"

when it says "This ribonucleotide polymer", doesn't it refer to RNA since R from RNA stands for ribose sugar whereas D from DNA stands for deoxyribose sugar? but the sequence they gave me has ATCG instead of AUCG so I am wondering if this is a typo or not.

and also, RNA is supposed to be single strand whereas DNA can form double strands. So if the question was asking for DNA complementary sequences, i think the question should've said "The deoxiribonucleotide polymer" instead of "the ribonucleotide polymer."

Members don't see this ad.

Due to its copyright, i won't be able to copy and paste it here, but it gave me sequence starting from 5' to 3' and said
"This ribonucleotide polymer could form a double stranded structure with which of the following sequences?"

when it says "This ribonucleotide polymer", doesn't it refer to RNA since R from RNA stands for ribose sugar whereas D from DNA stands for deoxyribose sugar? but the sequence they gave me has ATCG instead of AUCG so I am wondering if this is a typo or not.

and also, RNA is supposed to be single strand whereas DNA can form double strands. So if the question was asking for DNA complementary sequences, i think the question should've said "The deoxiribonucleotide polymer" instead of "the ribonucleotide polymer."

I think they are trying to say that an RNA would form with a DNA of the one you wrote. So it is correct that it could complement that sequence just fine.

I think they are trying to say that an RNA would form with a DNA of the one you wrote. So it is correct that it could complement that sequence just fine.

the sequence it gave me has ATGC and the complementary strand answer choice also has ATGC so I guess both the question and the answer choices have nothing to do with RNA.

Members don't see this ad :)
my destroyer #89 says "this deoxy ribonucleotide polymer... blabla...". yours is not yet updated. when did you get it? i bought my destroyer in april 2008.

my destroyer #89 says "this deoxy ribonucleotide polymer... blabla...". yours is not yet updated. when did you get it? i bought my destroyer in april 2008.

I see...so yours is updated version.
Mine is 1st edition.