DAT Destroyer - Bio approach

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FT8

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been reviewing content for a month now & just began doing Destroyer questions.

After going through the questions, there's a lot I haven't been able to answer/get wrong. Particularly w/ detailed Physiology/Bio Diversity questions.

Does anyone have study tips/strategies they used with Destroyer's Bio section to get the most out of the resource?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I've been reviewing content for a month now & just began doing Destroyer questions.

After going through the questions, there's a lot I haven't been able to answer/get wrong. Particularly w/ detailed Physiology/Bio Diversity questions.

Does anyone have study tips/strategies they used with Destroyer's Bio section to get the most out of the resource?

Thank you
This is how I went through the bio section on destroyer 2017. I started doing Dat destroyer biology 3 weeks before my exam. Everyday, I would do 50 questions. I would get about 15 mistakes. Anyways, I would go to the back of the book and write down the explanation for the question I got wrong. Write in a way that I understand. So put it in your own words. Just because I got a lot of questions right didn't mean that I never wrote the explanations down. If a question made me think for more than 15 seconds, I would write it down, even if I got it right. I used to wake up at 4am and go over my destroyer and BC notes. I would finish at about 7am and then do 50 questions of destroyer.

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah, I think for each question you get wrong, you should go over it and write that in a word document by placing each thing under a sub category. For example, if I got a question wrong about earthworm segmentation, I'd read the explanation and in my own words and place it under category invertebrate biology. Don't just have list have of random facts from destroyer. Try to organize it as much as possible and then read over your own notes. For each question you get right, look at it if it was something you guessed and got it right or you really knew it cold. if the answer isn't ' I knew it cold" write a short explanation of that too.

Reactions: 2 users

Thank you

learn all the questions --> write what you get wrong in the notebook and memorize the facts.
also write down answer choices that you didn't know what they were and learn them as well

Reactions: 1 user
I made flash cards on the ones I got wrong and went over those the day before my DAT.

Reactions: 1 user