DAT Destroyer Bio Question #184

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lolo390

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys!!

So question 184 states...

Which statement is FALSE?

A. The somatic nervous system contains both sensory and motor neurons
B. The autonomic nervous system contains only motor neurons (correct answer)
C. Equilibrium and balance are controlled by the cerebellum
D. The Corpus Callosum is a large myelinated tract that connects the bases of the cerebral hemispheres

I totally see how A,C, and D are correct; however, I am super confused with B. The explanation mentions once again that the somatic NS contains both sensory and motor neurons, but nothing is being explained about the autonomic NS other than the fact that is it comprised of two main parts - sympathetic and parasympathetic (which I understand).

Kaplan states that the autonomic NS contains two motor neurons (no sensory), and previous threads state that DAT is only concerned with the fact that the autonomic NS contains only motor neurons... so why would this answer be incorrect? Is bootcamp wrong?

Please help!! This is driving me crazy and i've been researching for like 2 hours now lol

Members don't see this ad.

Generally speaking the autonomic nervous system is primarily considered to be motor neurons. It does have some afferent nerves though. If you look up general visceral afferent fibers you will see that they are considered a part of the autonomic nervous system.

Reactions: 1 user
With my luck i'd be asked something like this on the real DAT... given that situation do you think it'd be safe to say the autonomic NS consists primarily of motor neurons? Or should i go ahead and assume that the DAT will be on par with Destroyer and be more specific as to include both sensory and motor?

Depends on the wording I would say. If they use a word like only then I would say false. If they primarily, mostly, etc... I think you would be fine to go with motor neurons.

Members don't see this ad :)
RELY ON FERRALIS BECAUSE EVERYTHING IN THERE IS CORRECT. DO YOU WANT TO JEOPARDIZE YOUR SCORE BECAUSE AN IDIOT DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO DO THEIR JOB.

The answer is correct. Sensory can be both somatic and visceral, which would make it false.

RELY ON FERRALIS BECAUSE EVERYTHING IN THERE IS CORRECT. DO YOU WANT TO JEOPARDIZE YOUR SCORE BECAUSE AN IDIOT DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO DO THEIR JOB.
Please do your research like the OP tried to, and avoid resorting to name calling. Otherwise, you're the one who ends up looking foolish.

The answer is correct. Sensory can be both somatic and visceral, which would make it false.

Please do your research like the OP tried to, and avoid resorting to name calling. Otherwise, you're the one who ends up looking foolish.

Oh! I'm sorry! I phrased it wrong or maybe awkward, so it's hard to understand what I meant. Rely on Ferralis if you want to understand better. Reading destroyer is a waste of time (imo) since it's written, you know.