DAT Destroyer Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eagles9

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How am I supposed to be using the destroyer? I just started the chemistry section and I am getting questions wrong that I should not be getting. Is this book harder than the actual DATs?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes from what many breakdowns say it's harder than the real one. Some questions might appear though. What you need to do is just answer them all as best you can then review and LEARN from your mistakes. Those taken the test said to use it as a LEARNING TOOL. I went over it three times which some might say is excessive but that's just me.

I'd recommend you go over it probably twice and make an excel sheet where you answer ones you consistently miss and go over those more. Questions that you fully understand skip them.

Nope. Taking it the 30th. Need to take practice tests now and refine my knowledge. I just took a free qvault for Bio and I kinda like it. Easy questions but helps me find my weaknesses.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ohh gotcha! Good luck! I'm taking mine on Aug 22nd and I'm already freaking out, I can't even imagine whats going on in your head lol

spongebob-brain-fire.gif

Reactions: 1 users
How am I supposed to be using the destroyer? I just started the chemistry section and I am getting questions wrong that I should not be getting. Is this book harder than the actual DATs?
The book is meant to cover all possible topics. Some questions are very unlikely to be seen in the actually test, but the topics covered in the book will. Destroyer will prepare you for a worst case scenario. Everyone gets "destroyed" the first time. After your first run, you'll see the results.

Reactions: 1 user
The best thing to do, in my opinion, is to go over about 50 questions per day. However, make sure you know all the right and wrong answers. Why some are correct and why some are incorrect. Look topocs up in your textbooks if you need it. This approach will prepare you well.

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't taken the DAT yet, but I have begun the Destroyer. I agree that it is challenging, but it does cover a wide variety of possible topics.

From reading others' breakdowns, it does seem to be harder than the actual exam, but that may be a good thing.

I make excel spreadsheets with incorrect Destroyer problems. Columns for "Question #, Mistake, What to remember next time"

Know why answers are correct, and what the wrong answers are incorrect. Use school material to brush up on topics.

Goodluck and keep us posted!