Dat Destroyer/Math Destroyer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msteeth

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would it make any difference to use the 2009 version of both the DAT & Math Destroyer? A friend of mine passed these along to me, just wanted to make sure there isn't much of a drastic difference between the new ones? Also would anyone recommend datQvault over the destroyers more? I haven't heard much about the Qvault...but I already have Chad, KBB, Cliff's AP Bio, and Crack Dat Royal Package as studyaids...are these materials sufficient enough...would buying Qvault be a waste of money?

Thanks!!:)

Members don't see this ad.

I have seen both. 2009 destroyer is good, but the new version has lots more questions. If you think that you do not need more practice material, then 2009 is enough for you. However, if you think you need all the practice you can get, then I would recommend the new version of Destroyer. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Would it make any difference to use the 2009 version of both the DAT & Math Destroyer? A friend of mine passed these along to me, just wanted to make sure there isn't much of a drastic difference between the new ones? Also would anyone recommend datQvault over the destroyers more? I haven't heard much about the Qvault...but I already have Chad, KBB, Cliff's AP Bio, and Crack Dat Royal Package as studyaids...are these materials sufficient enough...would buying Qvault be a waste of money?

Thanks!!:)

The older versions of DAT and Math Destroyer aren't much different than the current editions. They are pretty much the same as the new editions, with a few minor changes or a few more questions here or there on the newer ones.

It's somewhat difficult to compare Destroyer and DAT QVault. I wouldn't suggest doing one over the other. Instead, I would recommend using both at the same time. To be honest, the QVault question system is fairly new, with Biology being the oldest section (it only had Biology last year). The new sections (the rest of the DAT was added this year) haven't really been field tested all that much, but I have heard very good things about it. Destroyer has been a staple of DAT studying for years now, while QVault is still in its infancy. However, the sheer number of questions you will come across while working through QVault and Destroyer is vast indeed, but it will expose you to pretty much all types of questions you would encounter on the real DAT. I know for Biology QVault, many of the questions I practiced with appeared in some form or another on my real exam.

As a side note, yes your study aid materials are very comprehensive and sufficient for you to do well on the DAT. I used those same materials as well! I wouldn't say that QVault is a waste of money, it is more of a supplement in your studies as now you are moving towards the practicing questions phase. QVault definitely has a good batch of questions to work through.