DAT Destroyer : Organic Chemistry Odyssey & General Chemistry Destroyer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chicago_predental

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I am hoping to take the DAT in December, but was wondering if anyone on here incorporated the Organic Chemistry Odyssey and Gen Chem Destroyer along with the DAT Destroyer book? If so, do you think it helped on your exam? Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

I am sure other students will chime in, but being an owner of the DAT Destroyer series, I can say that many students have emailed me through the years expressing that the Organic Chemistry Odyssey and General Chemistry Destroyer helped them immensely. It is especially helpful for students that have a weak base and are looking to score 30 in the Orgo and GC.

If you already have a solid base , you may not need it. Only you can make that determination.

Wishing you the best and always #think30.....Nancy,co/owner, Orgoman, DAT Destroyer

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all! I am hoping to take the DAT in December, but was wondering if anyone on here incorporated the Organic Chemistry Odyssey and Gen Chem Destroyer along with the DAT Destroyer book? If so, do you think it helped on your exam? Thanks for your help!

Didn't use them myself, but I know several others who did to build a good base before hitting the DAT Destroyer. I'd have to agree that you may not need them if you have a solid base from undergrad classes in orgo and GC - you may be able to jump right in. But if you don't, then might as well go through them if you have the time.

Be careful of not overworking yourself with resources though if you are confident (that goes for all resources). That may end up hurting rather than helping, unless you actually need the extra practice. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I am sure other students will chime in, but being an owner of the DAT Destroyer series, I can say that many students have emailed me through the years expressing that the Organic Chemistry Odyssey and General Chemistry Destroyer helped them immensely. It is especially helpful for students that have a weak base and are looking to score 30 in the Orgo and GC.

If you already have a solid base , you may not need it. Only you can make that determination.

Wishing you the best and always #think30.....Nancy,co/owner, Orgoman, DAT Destroyer
Thank you, Ms. Steen !! It has been a while since Ive taken Gen chem or Orgo, so I think it will definitely be useful. Looking forward to posting my breakdown with the help of the Destroyer books :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Didn't use them myself, but I know several others who did to build a good base before hitting the DAT Destroyer. I'd have to agree that you may not need them if you have a solid base from undergrad classes in orgo and GC - you may be able to jump right in. But if you don't, then might as well go through them if you have the time.

Be careful of not overworking yourself with resources though if you are confident (that goes for all resources). That may end up hurting rather than helping, unless you actually need the extra practice. Best of luck!
thank you! Yeah its been a few years since Ive taken a proper Gen Chem or Orgo class, so I think it will be beneficial before hitting the main Destroyer book. Anything to build my confidence up

Thank you, Ms. Steen !! It has been a while since Ive taken Gen chem or Orgo, so I think it will definitely be useful. Looking forward to posting my breakdown with the help of the Destroyer books :)
I can't wait to see your blazing scores! If you have been away from GC and Orgo a few years, it's a good idea if you put in time reviewing. #think30, put in the work and you will Destroy the DAT Beast with ease. If I can help in anyway just let me know.

Nancy