Dat destroyer organic chemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gholam2020

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have question about organic in destroyer. 2017 version question 167. Why in Newman projection the groups switch places?
Thanks,

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,
I have question about organic in destroyer. 2017 version question 167. Why in Newman projection the groups switch places?
Thanks,

This is sort of a " trick "........It is an easy way to quickly convert a Fischer Projection into a Newman to determine R/S configuration. The front carbon stays constant, while the back carbon is switched because it represents a " horizontal ".....which in Fischer notation means closest to the viewer,,,,,,and we must be opposite the viewer. Whenever you do problems like this...convert into R and S to make your call. The DAT exam especially loves Fischer notation...practice it. If you need more help, the text by Dr. David Klein does a wonderful job.

Hope this helps

Dr. Jim Romano

Dr, Romano
I have found multiple copy of Dr. David books. Is that particular one I should look for or any of his book is ok?
Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr, Romano
I have found multiple copy of Dr. David books. Is that particular one I should look for or any of his book is ok?
Thanks in advance

Any edition is fine. Normally, new editions have new problems. You need not worry about new challenge problems. You simply need an easy to read text to reinforce the concepts. Let me know how it is going...

Dr. Romano

Sounds Good,
I just decide to keep it simple and follow your pattern just to not confuse myself.
Thanks