DAT Destroyer Orgo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CTArx

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm planning on taking the DAT at the end of the month...Orgo is my weakest subject thus far, I got an 18 on the DAT bootcamp test #1. I've been reviewing Chad's videos and notes, and recently started doing DAT destroyer problems (version 2012); however, the problems are extremely difficult. I know that it is suppose to "destroy" you and be harder, but I don't want to waste my time studying from it if the real DAT is not anything like it. Is the DAT more conceptual based? or more multiple step reactions? What are some tips? Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Do all the questions without reviewing answers --> review answers --> do it again?

I'm still a pharmacy student. Going into my 4th year at the end of this month. (0-6 program) at University of the Sciences. I've always been interested in dentistry, but my parents encouraged me to do pharmacy because my cousin and his wife graduated recently as pharmacists and they are specialized and have network opportunities for when I graduate. I've worked in retail (CVS) the past year, and it was horrible. So I picked up an MBA degree on top of my PharmD to open up more opportunities.

I'm getting orthodontic treatment at UPenn for the 2nd time. I've had a history of dental problems: braces for 6 years, getting 14 baby teeth (not including wisdom teeth) surgically removed, surgical procedure done for an impacted canine, and now I'm getting treated for an impacted 12 year molar coming in at an angle and being half impacted, a reoccuring open bite, and TMJ. My orthodontist (who is currently in her residency at Penn) really pushed me to go for dentistry when I told her about all this. She's really helping me out a lot. My dad is also a goldsmith, which is very similar to what dentists do in terms of working with their hands.

The only things hindering me now are my 3.2-3.3 GPA, which I hope dental schools will be lenient on because pharmacy isn't easy and I'm doing an MBA on top of that, and the DAT because I truly suck at chem and orgo lol.

Go through 20ish and then review and so forth.

Not to be harsh, you ever thought that you are scared of the real world and are just sticking to academia? Being a pharmacist, having an MBA, and a DDS is a little excessive. I can't even imagine what your loans look like.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm getting my bachelors at the end of this year. So if i get accepted to dental, I wouldn't be continuing pharmacy and MBA. I'm only 20 years old, so I've only completed 3 years of "undergrad" since I don't have my bachelors yet, though I'm already in pharmacy school because it is a 0-6 program.

It is definitely worth going over AT LEAST once. Plus the roadmaps in are golden!

I'm getting my bachelors at the end of this year. So if i get accepted to dental, I wouldn't be continuing pharmacy and MBA. I'm only 20 years old, so I've only completed 3 years of "undergrad" since I don't have my bachelors yet, though I'm already in pharmacy school because it is a 0-6 program.

That makes so much more sense. Go for dentistry in that case!