Dat destroyer question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ECUpirate19

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have spent the last week reading through the gen chem section of the kaplan blue book and felt like I remembered most of the stuff from gen chem.Today I started working through the problems in the DAT destroyer for the first time and it makes me feel like crap about GC. Is is supposed to be demoralizing at first?

Members don't see this ad.

I have spent the last week reading through the gen chem section of the kaplan blue book and felt like I remembered most of the stuff from gen chem.Today I started working through the problems in the DAT destroyer for the first time and it makes me feel like crap about GC. Is is supposed to be demoralizing at first?

yup, could barely answer a question but learned a little from it, and got a 22 on the real test so its 100x harder but learn what their doing it'll make what you see on kaplan/the real thing that much easier

hm...
destroyer, except the ochem section, is pretty easy...

it should not be demoralizing if you have studied for the subjects enough.

i was getting 90% of the questions correct on the first time through

Well after some thought maybe demoralizing is not the right word more like frustrating. I read over the chapters to refresh my memory, but I find from going through the problems and working through it that it sticks better in my memory. It seems like practice is the best way to study from what most people say and not spending all day reading a book. thanks for the encouraging words sarora it helps.

The dat destroyer can be tough in the begining but its sole job is to prepare you by testing you on harder topics once you already have a good understanding of the basic sciences. All 3 subjects of natural science in the destroyer require you to have a good understanding already of these subjects. I myself found it very challenging to understand these questions in the beg. you need to review all ur stuff. Then use destroyer to master your skills with hard concepts. once you've done this you will see the questions start repeating in some form or another and you will see that ur knowledge is growing and u will become better at it. Trust me everyone feels the same way as you but you'll get it and destroyer will become easier.