dat destroyer road maps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrdorky

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
anyone who studied off dat destroyer. did you memorize all 6 roadmaps for ochem?

Members don't see this ad.

I never even looked at the roadmaps. I think if you just know the reactions in Kaplan you should be good.

I just got the DAT destroyer and I got no "road maps" :( Do you know where I can find them? Thanks.

these are scattered throughout the orgo section, sometimes you'll flip to see like 1-2 pages of just reactions without questions, those are the road maps

To the OP, road maps is good to memorize, however, i don't know if it'll be enough just memorizing it, and DAT orgo is so elementary... if you have taken orgo I and II, shouldn't you already know most of them?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got the DAT destroyer and I got no "road maps" :( Do you know where I can find them? Thanks.

my DAT destroyer was 2009 version... they were question #136 (or was it 146:confused::confused: don't remember exactly)

Basically, once you get to the answer for Question 136, the answer will be 6 pages of the 6 orgo roadmaps.

Like Maygyver said, most of those reactions you are just going to know them from Kaplan blue book, I'd say 90% of them you should just know them without the need of memorization cause their mechanism is easy to remember, and therefore memorization is not necessary

Reactions: 1 user

for the 2010 edition. the roadmaps are in the answer section.

Its on page 103. and you'll get the 6 road maps and baby road maps.

They are nice to have but I would not memorize them.

Its a lot and if you know how to do SN1/2 E1/2, hydration, ozonolysis, bromination, chlorination, etc pretty much the stuff in the kaplan book you'll be set.

for the 2010 edition. the roadmaps are in the answer section.

Its on page 103. and you'll get the 6 road maps and baby road maps.

They are nice to have but I would not memorize them.

Its a lot and if you know how to do SN1/2 E1/2, hydration, ozonolysis, bromination, chlorination, etc pretty much the stuff in the kaplan book you'll be set.

Sweet, thanks guys! :thumbup:

the roadmaps are placed in the end i think cuz first u need to do the questions and then the roadmaps become a final review they make life a lot easier use kaplan plus destroyer u shud be set in orgo try to photocopy the roadmaps and whiteout the reagents and then fill them in that can be a good study method.