dat destroyer vs. actual DAT question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sonybaby

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone -
first of all...thanks for your replies regarding my last post . . . they really helped. Also, I am taking my DATs this saturday, and I am needless to say getting REALLY anxious . . . I've been working through destroyer, and some of the ochem in that book is seriously hurting my self-esteem. How similar in difficulty are the problems in destroyer in the ochem section (and also generally) to the actual DAT? Thanks for any input you may have.

Members don't see this ad.

this is my 2 cents i am not sure about dat destroyer but i know for a fact that tons of dat achiever questions appear on the read dat word for word

You have to realize that most prep programs will ask quantitatively more difficult questions than will be seen on the actual DAT. The organic section on the Destroyer is unbelievable. I'll just leave it at theat because, yes Dr. Romano's questions are difficult, but it's set up specifically so that you are familiar with multiple aspects of the reactions covered on the exam. I will tell you that the material on the Destroyer is DEAD ON. Don't memorize it, understand it. The road maps are are superb tool for quick reviews and summaries. I suggest you keep reviewinig until you get more comfortable. The material is structured so that you struggle initially. Just keep at it, you'll get the hang of it.

Hey I actually have studied under Dr. Romano for a while, and he always says that it doesnt matter what you get wrong the first time around...dont let it hurt your self esteem. the important part is what you come away with.
just think about it...if you can get a good grip on the stuff in that book(its not that bad once you start rolling) then youre way ahead of the game...when you see the actual DAT questions youll blow through them with ease, laughing as you go....trust me...just go over the problems and UNDERSTAND THE EXPLINATIONS!!!!!! thats the key to all of this.
by the way, his bio is dead on....i cant even tell you how much info from his explinations landed...it was really great to have bio as a confidence booster in the beginning of the test....i knew so many of them right offf the bat without een thinking just from the destroyer and then you feel great going on with the test.
youll be fine hang in there