DAT Destroyer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thimsmits

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have seen a lot of good things about DAT Destroyer on this forum, but they seem almost to be too enthusiastic. It is really good or are those comments just ads?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I have seen a lot of good things about DAT Destroyer on this forum, but they seem almost to be too enthusiastic. It is really good or are those comments just ads?

Thanks.

For the amount it costs, u basically are guaranteed at least a 20 in the sciences and you kinda get a personal tutor/motivator (Dr. Romano). Before the destroyer i couldn't reach a 20 no matter how hard i tried.

Remember, people who come off as overly enthusiastic are really trying to be sincere, & their sincerity comes across once you've used the destroyer urself... others who haven't used it are just being cynical. {I really don't understand why somebody would sway a person from study material! Each and everything in the market has something special to offer. I liked Achiever, Topscore, & Kaplan's PAT stuff. I would never post something negative about them... but i will say that with the Destroyer u definitely get ur money's worth :cool: }

Take care,
Babbersher

i'll say as i did in my post in my thread. it really is a personal decision. $150 is a lot of money, but since i wasn't taking a course i figured i would try it out. read everything about it, especially from the people who don't like it because thats who you find the most information about it.

i didn't like the bio section so much, i feel like it missed the focus of my dat. but in its defense, there is a ton of material in bio to ask so it must be hard. there are a couple of problems in the bio section that they said "know this" and im glad i paid attention because some of those things were on my exam.

chem, orgo, and qr seemed to give a lot of help though.

and to dds4tehwin, do you think that he pays people to advertise for him? why would dr romano do that when he doesn't have to, it gets advertised enough on here by the results people get.

Members don't see this ad :)
if you look around enough you can see many post from people that obviously aren't fake (theyve posted many times before on this site not just on the destroyer) so i would say the 150$ is a well worthed investment!

orthdent786- i would def get the destroyer. Im using top score, achiever, and then moved on to the destroyer. the destroyer is hard stuff but its great stuff. the solutions in the book may be better then the problems themselves, cause they don't only just tell you the right answer but explain the wrong answers. The Destoryer toughens you up for the dat. you def get the band for the buck. Good luck studying- if you need anymore help- don't hesitate

Thanks.

After studying Kaplan in and out, I felt unconfident... as if I was missing something. I just finished the orgo section in the Destroyer, and I must say, this book is amazing... it has far surpassed the "hype." In fact, see for yourself: stop reading this post and go get yourself a copy... you won't be sorry.

I got just off the phone with Nancy, and let me tell you - she is one of the nicest person I have talked to. she has talked to me for about 1 hr just to calm me down with my worries about the incoming DAT!!! which other test prep guide sellers would do that?

Destroyer is truly a one of a kind study tool. U get comprehensive science review plus that additional support of Dr. ROmano and Nancy. If you put the time into it, destroyer will help you earn higher scores. After all the $$ spent on apps, test preps and other stuff, whats another 150$ that will get u the higher score? Its definitly worth it, and in my opinion the one on one support u can get from Dr. Romano is priceless.

I know to an outsider who has never used the destroyer it may seem that there is a lot of hype on this site. But let me tell you that the people that are posting good things about the destroyer are for real. If you look at the results that the people that use the Destroyer get, it seems to be too big of a coincidence to be a sham. Nobody is going to tell you that its the end all be all study guide, but it really is tremendous when it comes to raising your scores from the teens to the twenties. Build yourself a solid base in the sciences before attacking it because it is trickier than most other study guides, but youll see after your exam that it was not for naught. Oh, and if you are worried about the money, although the price is a little steep don't forget that this test will help decide your future profession, and I'm not quite sure that you can put a price on that.
Good luck with the decision and with your studying

To me, the $150 was worth me not having to think in the future, "I should've tried the Destroyer." That amount of money is nothing compared to what you're going to spend on everything else during applying. All in all, it worked for me very well. I like doing mass amounts of practice problems over mass amounts of reading. Everybody already covered everything else about the quality of the problems and solutions. It's good stuff.

Thanks.

Absolutely MUST get it, it helps a lot...If you can take the class with Dr.Romano. (if you live in NYC ofcourse)

I have to say the destroyer is great and worth getting. I love the explanations the most, because they don't only tell you the answers, but they actually teach you the stuff. Also the road maps are great because this way you don't have to waste time searching for the mechanisms. Compared to all the other study guides the destroyer will give you a more well rounded approach.

hey ddstobe.. how do you vote on this pole you made. I clicked the link but i wasnt able to actually vote anywhere.

i think its rather comical how you try to bash on something you yourself haven't even used. things like this baffle me because i dont understand why your on this network if you dont want others to do well. One of the main reasons i bought the DAT Destroyer and am studying it is because of this network. If there were more people like you i might not have been sent in the right direction and bought the Destroyer. And let me repeat again, this isnt the only source of material i use, i am using Kaplan, Top Score and Achiever however i do think the Destroyer brings it to the next level!