DAT Destroyer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hope30

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan to buy DAT Destroyer. I wonder how many problems there are per section, so I know whether I will be finished in less than one month. Plan to buy it off orgaman.com, will it be here in one week?

Members don't see this ad.

I plan to buy DAT Destroyer. I wonder how many problems there are per section, so I know whether I will be finished in less than one month. Plan to buy it off orgaman.com, will it be here in one week?

They are pretty quick about shipping. I would expect it in a week or less. I have the 2010 Destroyer and there are about 230 organic problems, 240 General Chemistry problems, 370 Biology problems and about 150 Math problems. I bought the MATH Destroyer (separate book from the DAT destroyer and it is much better for the math section)

As far as finishing the destroyer, I broke the sections up to about 100 problems a day. So for the Organic and General Chemistries I finished in 5 days.

Most people will tell you, that you need to go through the destroyer AT LEAST 2 times.

Awesome, I just bought it. Since I mess up on buying the Crack DAT where science is included, I feel so down after taking those science sections. About 200 problems per section is not too bad. I can finish the book in 2 weeks with about 2 weeks left to do full length from Achiever, 2004, 2007, 2009 ADA sample tests, and Kaplan tests. Thanks so much

Awesome, I just bought it. Since I mess up on buying the Crack DAT where science is included, I feel so down after taking those science sections. About 200 problems per section is not too bad. I can finish the book in 2 weeks with about 2 weeks left to do full length from Achiever, 2004, 2007, 2009 ADA sample tests, and Kaplan tests. Thanks so much

Also, DO NOT get discouraged with Achiever, those test are really specific and challenging. Most people will get 3-4 points higher on the REAL DAT vs Achievers. The consensus is that the 2009 ADA test is most similar to the real DAT. Kaplan test are also pretty difficult. My scores were all over the place, Their gen chem sections have a lot more calculations than what the real DAT will have.

My advice is get Topscore, if you have a PC. If you have a Mac, you would need to be able to run windows in order to get it, since topscore is NOT mac compatible. Topscore is a good representation of the DAT too. Most say you will be within 1 point on the real DAT.

I have not taken my DAT yet, so all the advice I have given is because of this forum. I am just summarizing with most people will tell you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your continuous advices. I have heard of Topscore too, but I wish I have known about it sooner. Time is not on my side. If I decide to get Topscore too, I will be overwhelmed and decide to not do any. :scared: It will be worse. I think Crack DAT reading, math, and especially PAT, Achiever, Topscore, and Kaplan tests should be sufficient study within one month for me. Not to mention, I am being super stupid to take two summer classes (so REGRET now). So I am basically studying 24/7 til my finals and two weeks before real DAT. :rolleyes:

Didn't want to start a new thread because I have a similar question...

For Destroyer, you bought the one that includes Biology, Chemistry, Organic, and Math right? I didn't think it was so expensive...$150... o_o... just wanted to make sure this is the one everyone has been talking about before I purchase it.

Didn't want to start a new thread because I have a similar question...

For Destroyer, you bought the one that includes Biology, Chemistry, Organic, and Math right? I didn't think it was so expensive...$150... o_o... just wanted to make sure this is the one everyone has been talking about before I purchase it.

Yea that is the one...it is expensive, but worth it. One thing I might suggest, they used to have a dat destroyer/math destroyer combo that is like 200, I would get this, unless you are really strong in QR already.

The math section of the dat destroyer is not very good compared to the math destroyer. The math destroyer as about 11 practice test on it, and if you get those test down cold, you will do just fine on the real DAT.

The hardest part is going thru it the first time as it will be overwhelming and frustrating. It took me about 2 weeks on my first try. Then it took 1 week on my second round. Now I can get thru an entire section in one day as I have gone thru every question about a dozen times now (I want to destroy the Destroyer! lol).

Yea that is the one...it is expensive, but worth it. One thing I might suggest, they used to have a dat destroyer/math destroyer combo that is like 200, I would get this, unless you are really strong in QR already.

The math section of the dat destroyer is not very good compared to the math destroyer. The math destroyer as about 11 practice test on it, and if you get those test down cold, you will do just fine on the real DAT.

Awesome thanks. Didn't mean to hijack this thread, btw.. lol