2014DMD

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2009
Status
Dental Student
folks,

please advise:

I tool the DAT at the end of May & sent out my apps in July. Now I'm planning on retaking the DAT at the end of this month (August) or the first week of Sept.

SO - do I pay to have my scores sent to like 15 schools now, and then pay again in a month's time to have my new scores sent out, or what??

Any advice/information greatly appreciated!

4thMolar

5+ Year Member
May 25, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
It doesn't seem like you have registered yet for your upcoming DAT later this month or in September, so when you register to take it, you can then include all the schools you want your DAT scores sent to. If you indicated on your previous registration (for the May DAT) for those scores to be sent, you will unfortunately have to request the ADA to send your Aug/Sept scores again to the schools you wish for the scores to be sent to. You will need to indicate for your future scores to be sent. Just call the ADA though and make sure.

OP

2014DMD

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2009
Status
Dental Student
I did actually select 5 when I took the DAT in May, but I would need to send out to the remaining (like 15) schools, PLUS send out the scores from when I retake it in Aug/Sept (I'm currently registered for Aug. 28th but thinking about pushing it back).

So should I send out the 15 now plus another 15 next month is the question...

Jul 9, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
I did actually select 5 when I took the DAT in May, but I would need to send out to the remaining (like 15) schools, PLUS send out the scores from when I retake it in Aug/Sept (I'm currently registered for Aug. 28th but thinking about pushing it back).

Call ADA and ask them. You don't want to spend unnecessary $300!

icedspice

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2009
Status
Dental Student
This is what I am assuming:
You took DAT in May and only sent it to the 5 schools because it is included in the price. You didnt like your score - hence, you are taking it again in August.

ADA will attach ALL DAT scores taken before, not just August scores.
So, when you are registering for your August DAT, you will have to pay for 15 schools PLUS the 5 schools from the earlier DAT (because those schools only have your 1st DAT score)

hope that helps =D

4thMolar

5+ Year Member
May 25, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental

No, I would not send out 15 now and then 15 again next month, unless you think there is a chance you will get interview invites with your current scores. When you send the score report for next month's DAT, it will include the score report from the one you took in May as well.

OP

2014DMD

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2009
Status
Dental Student
Thanks for all the good info guys :)