PA 23 (94.7)
    QR 23 (97.0)
    RC 22 (85.9)
    BIO 20 (86.5)
    GC 25 (97.1)
    OC 25 (96.6)
    TS 22 (94.8)
    AA 23 (98.1)

Materials Used: Chad's OC/GC, DAT destroyer, Math destroyer, Crack PAT, Top Score (1-3), Achiever (1-3), Cliff AP Bio, QVaults Bio only (10), Khan's for Bio on a few topics, a Free 2007 DAT, a Paid 2009 DAT

Study Schedule (05/09/12- 06/03/12):

First Week: Watched Chad's OC/GC, worked on all the problems after each section. Worked on one Math destroyer everyday. Did one Crack PAT everyday.

Second Week: Started reading Cliff AP Bio. Worked on DAT destroyer (50 GC/OC everyday). Did Top Score (1-3). Worked on Achiever (1-3). Watched Khan's (Mitosis and Meiosis, Photosynthesis, Kidney, Circulatory System, etc).

Third Week: Got depressed after taking Achiever. Had to take a few days off. I just couldn't go on anymore. Just watched Japanese dramas for a few days. Then, I got back up. Qvaults Bio only. Just did them once, was fun, but nothing more. Watched Chad's GC one more time, but not OC, was too tired.

Last Week: DAT destroyer again. Worked on a few Crack PAT. Then, a few days before my exam, I just stopped studying.

During the Exam: I just wanted to give up. I wanted to reschedule my DAT. I just prayed and went to take the exam. I did not prepare enough for Bio and RC. I really expected either Bio and RC to be my lowest score. I was right. Bio became my lowest score. Luckily, RC wasn't so bad. Same difficulty as Topscore (I was getting 21-23). The very first Bio question, I did not know the answer. It just sucked. Throughout the whole Bio section, I was thinking to myself, 'retake, retake, retake.' Somehow, I managed to do ok.

Bio: Just can't study enough. So broad. But I felt like 1/4 of my exam was focused on a particular topic. No plants, photosynthesis, kidney, heart, and taxonomy for me (I studied hard for these topics, too bad). Had about 4-5 applied questions, which were very confusing.
    GC: Very conceptual. Not much calculation. Mine was focused on concepts. A very few weird questions that I had never seen before. But overall, simple and straight-forward.
    OC: Not much reactions either. A few questions worded very confusing. But overall, simple and straight-forward as well.
    PAT: I wasn't too worried about this section. But I was wrong. Top/Front/End was just bad. So hard, Crack PAT didn't prepare me for this section. Very confusing, had to skip like more than half on this section. Other sections easy or similar in difficulty w/ Crack PAT. While working on Top/Front/End, I seriously thought 'retake, retake, retake' in my head whole time. Somehow, I managed. Sigh.
    RC: I got lucky. The topics were not easy, but I knew about the topic on the first passage. Used 'search and destroy' method. Worked very well.
    QR: I was expecting higher score. I should have checked after I finished, I had plenty of time left. But instead, I just got sick of DAT and submittied with a few mins left. HAH.
    Personal recommendations on study materials:

Achiever: DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON ACHIEVER, unless you are over achiever. I got so depressed after working on the first three Achiever. I just couldn't study after. I wasted +100 dollars buying the 7 practice exams. Wat a waste of money!!
    Topscore: A must.
    Chad's GC/OC: The best for GC/OC along with destroyer!
    DAT Destroyer: A must.
    Cliff AP Bio: Good for understanding the basic stuff.
    Qvaults Bio only: If you want more practice on Bio, do it. But I didn't think it was particularly helpful. If I had to study again, I would just focus on understanding the answer/explanation on destroyer Bio. Overall, a fun experience.
    Free 2007 DAT: A must.
    Paid 2009 DAT: Only if you have money and time, just not worth it. RC/QR not good representations. Just sucked. I honestly think the free 2007 DAT would suffice along with Topscore.
    Crack PAT: Top/Front/End too easy. But other sections, similar in difficulty.

Overall, Topscore, DAT destroyer, Chad's, Cliff AP Bio, Free 2007 DAT, and CRACK PAT will prepare you for the real DAT.

Thanks!

* Check out my posts about giving out free study materials.
    (2008 DAT destroyer, 2009 Math destroyer, 2008 KBB, and Baron's flashcards all taken. Cliff AP Chem also taken.)

Last edited:

Member 8586

Dec 14, 2011
    1. Pre-Dental
      awesome scores! congrats...VERY impressive for the length of time you studied...i feel like ive been studying forever and wont hit those numbers :( I decided to avoid Achiever solely for the reasons youve mentioned lol

Few questions:
      can you post your topscore breakdowns and Qvault scores as well for comparison purposes please?
      Was TFE significantly harder than CDP? Do you recommend maybe saving it for last?
      How representative was the ADA 09 in the sciences? and how about Topscore science questions in comparison?
      Any p-value or weird math problems in the QR?

sweetbitna

Jul 9, 2009
      1. Pre-Dental
        awesome scores! congrats...VERY impressive for the length of time you studied...i feel like ive been studying forever and wont hit those numbers I decided to avoid Achiever solely for the reasons youve mentioned lol

Few questions:
        can you post your topscore breakdowns and Qvault scores as well for comparison purposes please?
        Was TFE significantly harder than CDP? Do you recommend maybe saving it for last?
        How representative was the ADA 09 in the sciences? and how about Topscore science questions in comparison?
        Any p-value or weird math problems in the QR?

For Topscore:

AA/BIO/GC/OC/PAT/QR/RC/TS

20/18/19/18/21/22/22/19
        20/18/18/23/24/22/21/19
        22/19/20/20/22/29/21/20

For Qvaults Bio:

I was ranging from 17-21.

Although I am a BME major, I just didn't do well on Bio.
        It is just so broad, covering so many topics! Hope this helps!

For TFE: definitely harder than CDP. It depends on what you will get on ur exam. Mine was def. harder, but you might get easy or same difficulty TFE. You have to decide for yourself during the exam.

For 2009 ADA: I took it after I took one Achiever. I was already burned out from Achiever. I would say in between 2007 and 2009 in terms of difficulty. RC/QR were too much on 2009.

For p-value questions: I decided to skip p-value practice problems on Math destroyer. I felt like if I do well on others, 1 or 2 problems shouldn't matter. Luckily, I did not get any problems on p-value.

Last edited:
        About the Ads

nydent37

Jun 5, 2012
        1. Post Doc
          What topics did you get for RC?

Here is my score from yesterday.

PA 23 (94.7)
          QR 23 (97.0)
          RC 22 (85.9)
          BIO 20 (86.5)
          GC 25 (97.1)
          OC 25 (96.6)
          TS 22 (94.8)
          AA 23 (98.1)

Materials Used: Chad's OC/GC, DAT destroyer, Math destroyer, Crack PAT, Top Score (1-3), Achiever (1-3), Cliff AP Bio, QVaults Bio only (10), Khan's for Bio on a few topics, a Free 2007 DAT, a Paid 2009 DAT

Study Schedule (05/09/12- 06/03/12):

First Week: Watched Chad's OC/GC, worked on all the problems after each section. Worked on one Math destroyer everyday. Did one Crack PAT everyday.

Second Week: Started reading Cliff AP Bio. Worked on DAT destroyer (50 GC/OC everyday). Did Top Score (1-3). Worked on Achiever (1-3). Watched Khan's (Mitosis and Meiosis, Photosynthesis, Kidney, Circulatory System, etc).

Third Week: Got depressed after taking Achiever. Had to take a few days off. I just couldn't go on anymore. Just watched Japanese dramas for a few days. Then, I got back up. Qvaults Bio only. Just did them once, was fun, but nothing more. Watched Chad's GC one more time, but not OC, was too tired.

Last Week: DAT destroyer again. Worked on a few Crack PAT. Then, a few days before my exam, I just stopped studying.

During the Exam: I just wanted to give up. I wanted to reschedule my DAT. I just prayed and went to take the exam. I did not prepare enough for Bio and RC. I really expected either Bio and RC to be my lowest score. I was right. Bio became my lowest score. Luckily, RC wasn't so bad. Same difficulty as Topscore (I was getting 21-23). The very first Bio question, I did not know the answer. It just sucked. Throughout the whole Bio section, I was thinking to myself, 'retake, retake, retake.' Somehow, I managed to do ok.
          Bio: Just can't study enough. So broad. But I felt like 1/4 of my exam was focused on a particular topic. No plants, photosynthesis, kidney, heart, and taxonomy for me (I studied hard for these topics, too bad). Had about 4-5 applied questions, which were very confusing.
          GC: Very conceptual. Not much calculation. Mine was focused on concepts. A very few weird questions that I had never seen before. But overall, simple and straight-forward.
          OC: Not much reactions either. A few questions worded very confusing. But overall, simple and straight-forward as well.
          PAT: I wasn't too worried about this section. But I was wrong. Top/Front/End was just bad. So hard, Crack PAT didn't prepare me for this section. Very confusing, had to skip like more than half on this section. Other sections easy or similar in difficulty w/ Crack PAT. While working on Top/Front/End, I seriously thought 'retake, retake, retake' in my head whole time. Somehow, I managed. Sigh.
          RC: I got lucky. The topics were not easy, but I knew about the topic on the first passage. Used 'search and destroy' method. Worked very well.
          QR: I was expecting higher score. I should have checked after I finished, I had plenty of time left. But instead, I just got sick of DAT and submittied with a few mins left. HAH.
          Personal recommendations on study materials:

Achiever: DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON ACHIEVER, unless you are over achiever. I got so depressed after working on the first three Achiever. I just couldn't study after. I wasted +100 dollars buying the 7 practice exams. Wat a waste of money!!
          Topscore: A must.
          Chad's GC/OC: The best for GC/OC along with destroyer!
          DAT Destroyer: A must.
          Cliff AP Bio: Good for understanding the basic stuff.
          Qvaults Bio only: If you want more practice on Bio, do it. But I didn't think it was particularly helpful. If I had to study again, I would just focus on understanding the answer/explanation on destroyer Bio. Overall, a fun experience.
          Free 2007 DAT: A must.
          Paid 2009 DAT: Only if you have money and time, just not worth it. RC/QR not good representations. Just sucked. I honestly think the free 2007 DAT would suffice along with Topscore.
          Crack PAT: Top/Front/End too easy. But other sections, similar in difficulty.

Overall, Topscore, DAT destroyer, Chad's, Cliff AP Bio, Free 2007 DAT, and CRACK PAT will prepare you for the real DAT.

Thanks!

* Check out my posts about giving out free study materials.
          (2008 DAT destroyer, 2009 Math destroyer, 2008 KBB, and Baron's flashcards all taken. I still have Cliff AP chemistry.)

Member 8586

Dec 14, 2011
          1. Pre-Dental
            For Topscore:

AA/BIO/GC/OC/PAT/QR/RC/TS

20/18/19/18/21/22/22/19
            20/18/18/23/24/22/21/19
            22/19/20/20/22/29/21/20

For Qvaults Bio:

I was ranging from 17-21.

Although I am a BME major, I just didn't do well on Bio.
            It is just so broad, covering so many topics! Hope this helps!

For TFE: definitely harder than CDP. It depends on what you will get on ur exam. Mine was def. harder, but you might get easy or same difficulty TFE. You have to decide for yourself during the exam.

For 2009 ADA: I took it after I took one Achiever. I was already burned out from Achiever. I would say in between 2007 and 2009 in terms of difficulty. RC/QR were too much on 2009.

For p-value questions: I decided to skip p-value practice problems on Math destroyer. I felt like if I do well on others, 1 or 2 problems shouldn't matter. Luckily, I did not get any problems on p-value.

thanks for the responses! i guess ill feel out the TFE and then decide if i want to save it for last...even though im not huge on pattern folding so maybe it works out thats last lol

i plan on just browsing through the 2007 and 2009 ADA science sections and maybe QR...i have the same mentality for the p value instead of trying to learn something that seems so complicated this late, but i heard its been landing lately so it got me a little nervous :/

sweetbitna

Jul 9, 2009
            1. Pre-Dental
              Yea, I read a post recently that someone got 2 questions on p-values. If you try to focus on getting other questions right, 2-3 problems won't make that much difference on QR, unless you are aiming for a perfect score.

I prepared with DAT Math destroyer. Some people say DAT Math destroyer is about the same in terms of difficulty, but I don't know if it was just me or not, but mine was def. easier than questions from Math destroyer.

Plus, we get a calculator. Practice with calculator on your comptuer. Good luck!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
              2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
              5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
              6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              7. This thread is locked.