DAT Done- 06/10/08

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

realityhigh

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I used Princeton Review, Destroyer, Achiever and TopScore to prepare. I was getting 22 and 23 AA on the practice tests. I also was getting 21 and 22 in the QR during practice tests.

My scores today were:

PA: 22 97.8%
QR: 27 99.9%
RC: 25 96.5%
Bio: 27 99.9%
GC: 24 95.4%
OC: 29 100%
TS: 26 99.8%
AA: 26 97.3%

Overall, I am very pleased with all my scores, even though my GPA is a little on the low side. I put the percentiles in even though they do not mean much. I have a 3.42 GPA and 3.33 science. I am a Bio major and was wondering if I still had a shot at schools such as Harvard, Columbia and UCSF?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. THanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
very very very very nice scores....I am pretty sure you will get into any school you would like with those scores

Now my turn...how were the sciences? how long did you study for and what did you use to study for sciences?? thanks

I used Princeton Review, Destroyer, Achiever and TopScore to prepare. I was getting 22 and 23 AA on the practice tests. I also was getting 21 and 22 in the QR during practice tests.

My scores today were:

AA: 25 97.3%

Overall, I am very pleased with all my scores, even though my GPA is a little on the low side. I put the percentiles in even though they do not mean much. I have a 3.42 GPA and 3.33 science. I am a Bio major and was wondering if I still had a shot at schools such as Harvard, Columbia and UCSF?

Great scores, you'll be fine.

However, I could be mistaken, but your AA doesn't quite "add up."

Overall, I found the sciences pretty straightforward, especially the Bio section. Was kind fo shocked with my score for OCHEM. Usually I scored around 23 or 24 during the practice tests.

I studied for about 3 months straight; 6-8 hours per day using mainly the Princeton Review and Destroyer for the sciences. And the practice test from Achiever and TopScore.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
are these scores for real or is this a joke?? do you have any feedback on how you prepared?

Overall, I found the sciences pretty straightforward, especially the Bio section. Was kind fo shocked with my score for OCHEM. Usually I scored around 23 or 24 during the practice tests.

I studied for about 3 months straight; 6-8 hours per day using mainly the Princeton Review and Destroyer for the sciences. And the practice test from Achiever and TopScore.

Good luck!

I was wondering; does Princeton Review have any prep material for DAT? I thought it's for MCAT, GRE, etc but NOT DAT. If it does, what is exactly called?

oh my %$@# you're amazing

they'll probably see your scores and just give you your DDS so you might want to start looking for a place to open a practise

My scores today were:

Did they change the standard score for O-Chem? According Kaplan and other books if you get 100% you get a 30, and if you miss one question you get a 28. Anyone know if they changed the scoring scale?

Are your scores for real? The only reason I ask is because first shunwei caught a typo with the AA and also after looking back at my percentile for AA, I have a higher percentile (97.9) but not nearly as high of an AA (23). Curious.. anyways, good job if your scores are legit.

Members don't see this ad :)
How did you study for the science sections? Could you tell me little study tips for the each science sections? What did you used and how did you use those materials. Thanks...Nice scores and good luck..!!

My scores today were:

These scores definitely don't match up... unless the OP typed in the wrong info. My AA was a 23, and the corresponding percentile was 97.9%

If these scores are legit, that's a job extremely well done!

i just took it today too at the anaheim prometric center, which i VERY HIGHLY recommend btw if youre in socal. it had AC, flatscreen monitors, very friendly staff, and laminated paper for scratch paper.

PAT 24 99.3
QR 23 96.0
RC 24 96.1
BIO 30 100.0
GCHEM 24 94.5
OCHEM 26 97.7
TS 26 99.8
AA 25 99.8

i studied for a very long time... but it all came down to luck. a diff between a 20 and a 30 is just 3 or 4 questions, which can cover subjects you barely missed during studying. i used everything i could get.. kap, achiever, destro, topscore, crack, and most importantly WIKIPEDIA.

i had the version with the crocodile/visual motion/microbes RC passages. ill answer any questions you guys ask :) and also, i was so happy with my score that i left crying :D.. everyone mustve thought i bombed it.

BIO: fair.. the questions were significantly more different than the practice tests you can get.
GCHEM: very conceptual.. i thought it was hard and had to educated-guess a lot.
OCHEM: very very basic
RC: i barely had enough time.. i took the kaplan class but i advise strongly against their roadmap strat. you seriously do not have enough time to do it. i read the passage quite thoroughly the first time through, noting which sections talked about what.. and just looked up answers after reading the question.
PAT: very basic.. i think TOP/ACHIEVER was about on par
QR: doable, but you seriously have to haul ASS. if a question takes more than 45 seconds, i'd skip it. use your time wisely... and go thru it once doing the easy questions first

good luck !

Last edited:
Don't waste our time, first of all, he made a "mistake" with the AA.
Secondly, thats not a 97 percentile. Thats a 99.97%.
Now he will come back and say he did another typo...

This guy is a troll...Look at his first post and look at someone who quoted him about 5 posts under his first post (if that makes sense).
He just edited it to change his gpa for a 3.79 to a 3.42.

This guy is a troll...Look at his first post and look at someone who quoted him about 5 posts under his first post (if that makes sense).
He just edited it to change his gpa for a 3.79 to a 3.42.

yeah my AA was 25 and my percentile was alrdy 99.8%... unless my test version was way diff

i just took it today too at the anaheim prometric center, which i VERY HIGHLY recommend btw if youre in socal. it had AC, flatscreen monitors, very friendly staff, and laminated paper for scratch paper.

PAT 24 99.3
QR 23 96.0
RC 24 96.1
BIO 30 100.0
GCHEM 24 94.5
OCHEM 26 97.7
TS 26 99.8
AA 25 99.8

i studied for a very long time... but it all came down to luck. a diff between a 20 and a 30 is just 3 or 4 questions, which can cover subjects you barely missed during studying. i used everything i could get.. kap, achiever, destro, topscore, crack, and most importantly WIKIPEDIA.

i had the version with the crocodile/visual motion/microbes RC passages. ill answer any questions you guys ask :) and also, i was so happy with my score that i left crying :D.. everyone mustve thought i bombed it.

BIO: fair.. the questions were significantly more different than the practice tests you can get.
RC: i barely had enough time.. i took the kaplan class but i advise strongly against their roadmap strat. you seriously do not have enough time to do it. i read the passage quite thoroughly the first time through, noting which sections talked about what.. and just looked up answers after reading the question.
QR: doable, but you seriously have to haul ASS. if a question takes more than 45 seconds, i'd skip it. use your time wisely... and go thru it once doing the easy questions first

good luck !

wow... how long have you've been studying for???

what's the best way to practice for the DAT math??? will GMAT math help??

wow if these scores are all true... we have a tough crowd for 09 cycle.

hmm, first score is little sketchy though. :boom:

PAT 24 99.3
QR 23 96.0
RC 24 96.1
BIO 30 100.0
GCHEM 24 94.5
OCHEM 26 97.7
TS 26 99.8
AA 25 99.8

good luck !

Now this sounds more legit... phenomenal job... everyone who's taken the DAT recently has me sh*tting my pants about my chances at places like harvard and columbia...

i took a year off after graduation so i could work and study... but i ended up wasting 9 months of it and actually just studying the last 3 lol. i studied half a day everyday, except for the occasional outing and other normal college student stuff :]

with math i just did a lot of practice problems online.. esp. with the topics such as mixtures, avg speed, fractions, logs, etc. there are a lot of sites out there with just practice problems and worked-out solutions.

and i cant stress wikipedia enough.. it was instrumental on my learning. i basically looked up everything topic in my practice materials, and followed random links in the articles and read up on those stuff too. it was kinda fun actually

i never took GMAT reading so i have no clue lol.. i think i'm naturally a decent reader though. i read fast cuz my dad forced me to take a speed-reading class when i was young... which paid off i guess

@ teamguo no im not lying lol.. but believe what you will :]

and @ PSUSHC414 i TRULY believe i just got lucky with my guessing.. plus my GPA is low so i didnt even bother applying to those dream schools :'( haha. good luck to you!

i took a year off after graduation so i could work and study... but i ended up wasting 9 months of it and actually just studying the last 3 lol. i studied half a day everyday, except for the occasional outing and other normal college student stuff :]

with math i just did a lot of practice problems online.. esp. with the topics such as mixtures, avg speed, fractions, logs, etc. there are a lot of sites out there with just practice problems and worked-out solutions.

i never took GMAT reading so i have no clue lol.. i think i'm naturally a decent reader though. i read fast cuz my dad forced me to take a speed-reading class when i was young... which paid off i guess

and teamguo no im not lying lol.. but believe what you will :]

I think teamguo was referring to the post by the OP (realityhigh)

and i cant stress wikipedia enough.. it was instrumental on my learning. i basically looked up everything topic in my practice materials, and followed random links in the articles and read up on those stuff too. it was kinda fun actually

@ teamguo no im not lying lol.. but believe what you will :]

and @ PSUSHC414 i TRULY believe i just got lucky with my guessing.. plus my GPA is low so i didnt even bother applying to those dream schools :'( haha. good luck to you!

No, I wasn't directing my post towards you. sorry if I offended you. I was talking to the person who started this whole thread.
Your scores look legit. All I can say is those are some goooooooood scores!!!!! best of luck to you

No, I wasn't directing my post towards you. sorry if I offended you. I was talking to the person who started this whole thread.
Your scores look legit. All I can say is those are some goooooooood scores!!!!! best of luck to you

LOL i was never offended sorry i caused such a commotion -_- haha

These scores definitely don't match up... unless the OP typed in the wrong info. My AA was a 23, and the corresponding percentile was 97.9%

If these scores are legit, that's a job extremely well done!

I am feeling the same way.

I got a 24 and the percentile was 99.2. 26 couldn't have been 97-98 percentile. It's just way too low.

I like how the OP said they were 'pleased' with their scores...makes it sound so modest. If I got those scores, there would be mayhem at Prometric!

PAT 24 99.3
QR 23 96.0
RC 24 96.1
BIO 30 100.0
GCHEM 24 94.5
OCHEM 26 97.7
TS 26 99.8
AA 25 99.8

good luck !

Could you please clarify the discrepancy between your posts in these two threads:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=6610486#post6610486

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=530446

How come your dat scores were different in these two threads?

Another strange observation:
Both the posters, with these super high scores, have edited there post atleast once. :confused::confused::confused:

Another strange observation:
Both the posters, with these super high scores, have edited there post atleast once. :confused::confused::confused:

the first post was from a friend who originally created this account (i just use his acct on his comp cuz its perpetually logged on). the 2nd one was from me. i wanted to apply at THAT moment so i guesstimated the scores i would get lol

the first post was from a friend who originally created this account (i just use his acct on his comp cuz its perpetually logged on). the 2nd one was from me. i wanted to apply at THAT moment so i guesstimated the scores i would get lol

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

PAT 24 99.3
QR 23 96.0
RC 24 96.1
BIO 30 100.0
GCHEM 24 94.5
OCHEM 26 97.7
TS 26 99.8
AA 25 99.8

good luck !

Could someone please explain the scoring of the DAT, because according to the standardize scale that I found on the ADA website it is not possible to get a 30 in biology.

??? i dont get why ppl on the boards are so obsessed with people possibly lying about their scores.

I hope you are not lying and you did achieve those scores. If those scores are true then I am sorry if i offended you.

But for those people who lie on SDN about their stats: "??? i dont get why ppl on the boards are so obsessed with lying about their scores."

I like how the OP said they were 'pleased' with their scores...makes it sound so modest. If I got those scores, there would be mayhem at Prometric!

i don't think this should be your basis for accusing someone. i posted my dat scores on my signature before, and somebody said they are too high to be true because i sounded too modest...