DAT done(08/18/2012)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rodelarosa0303

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys

I just came form the testing center and bellow are my results.

PAT 16 :(
QR 17:mad:
RC 15:(
Biology 19 :thumbup:
GC 19 :thumbup:
OC 18 :thumbup:
Total Science 18 :love:
AA 18:love:

What do you guys think. I did really poorly on RC.I am an ESOL student and I hope did scores don't hurt my chances. I would hate to take it again if I don't get accepted. My gpa is 3.8, over 300 hours of research, 200 of shadowing, strong personal statement, and good letters of recommendation . I aplied to Nova, UF, Lcome,NYU,Mherry, Louville, Pacific, and At Still. Please be honest and let me know if i have a chance,

thanks. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

RC is a little low, but other than that great job on your scores!
Since your GPA is a 3.8 you should be fine. But check with certain schools and make sure they dont require a minimum for their section scores on the DAT.

Congrats! and keep working hard my friend!

GPA and EC's are very good and above average. DAT is below average and your RC and PAT is probably below alot of schools cutoffs.

what is ESOL?

your RC and PAT scores are too low
you might want to double check with the schools that you are applying but some schools do not accept scores below 16 or 17.
I am sorry but you might have to retake it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratz on finishing! Unfortunately, I hate to break it to you, but your DAT scores are a bit low. I also would recommend that you retake it, if you have time.

Last edited:
I would definitely retake. There are many great breakdowns on SDN that can offer you the best study tips and best study materials. Unfortunately with some low section scores like yours, they can apparently raise flags about your GPA, such as "Why is his GPA so high, yet his DAT score is significantly lower? Maybe he/she took an easy schedule/etc." This is all speculation, but I've read about this association on numerous threads.

I would retake it. Your Pat, Rc and Qr scores are too low. You can do much better. I also took the dat yesterday and the pat, rc and qr sections were really hard.

Hello guys

I just came form the testing center and bellow are my results.

PAT 16 :(
QR 17:mad:
RC 15:(
Biology 19 :thumbup:
GC 19 :thumbup:
OC 18 :thumbup:
Total Science 18 :love:
AA 18:love:

What do you guys think. I did really poorly on RC.I am an ESOL student and I hope did scores don't hurt my chances. I would hate to take it again if I don't get accepted. My gpa is 3.8, over 300 hours of research, 200 of shadowing, strong personal statement, and good letters of recommendation . I aplied to Nova, UF, Lcome,NYU,Mherry, Louville, Pacific, and At Still. Please be honest and let me know if i have a chance,

thanks. :confused:

You are fine