DAT done ! 08/19 breakdown : )

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sea urchins

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
my first post actually : )

Bio 24
GC 23
OC 25
PAT 26
RC 20
QR 18

TS 24
AA 22

Bio: Some questions were just random yet general enough to make educated guesses. I used Cliff AP Bio, Destroyer, and Campbell study guide. I took out the study guide that I used during freshman and went through every single chapter.

GCHEM: I'd love to meet Chad and thank him in person one day. I took Gchem more than 2 years ago so I was clueless when I started studying. But, Chad's vids were totally worth it. I also went through Destroyers multiple times. Actual DAT questions weren't as tough as the ones in destroyers though.

OCHEM: Very general. Know the basics. Went through the questions super fast because I thought I wasn't going to finish. Destroyer definitely helped the most.

PAT: CDP is a must. It's practically the real thing. I spent a lot of time going over tons of cubes, angles, patterns everyday.

I did not prepare for QR and RC. I was going into an uncharted territory..

RC:I was glad to find out that passages were based on topics that I was familiar of. Time crunch was insane. Take the optional 15min break and brace yourself for this section. This almost felt like SAT reading all over again..

QR: Blaze through and get the easy ones first ! Listen to people's advice and don't get stuck solving one problem. Once again, majority of the questions felt a lot like SAT math. But, I did not know statistics could be a part of this..

I'd never done a full length practice test except for CDP. No topscore or other practice exam based materials. I just devoted myself to learning the materials as much as I could. Once again, Destroyer is an amazing book. (mine was 2007 edition actually) Chad's video was priceless.

Good luck, everyone !

*** seeking advice !!
Currently, I have low science GPA (2.7) because of my poor freshman and sophomore grades. Over the past years, I have worked very hard to raise the grades. (Believe me. This GPA used to be far worse than what it is now.)
I'm bracing myself for one more year of undergrad. What are my chances? I would appreciate your honest opinions.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your DAT is close to perfect... but your sGPA is really low...

Are you applying for the next cycle or this cycle? Have you already submitted your application?

I applied to some schools but without much hope of getting accepted anywhere because of the gpa. And, I'm planning on applying once again with improved GPA next year.

But, at least, I got the DAT over and done with. I'm just so glad to be done. I feel completely exhausted.

Last edited:
some schools weight youre most recent academic achievements higher. your score is excellent. just stay in ugrad another year and get some straight A science semesters under your belt. you cant NOT get in.

words of encouragement. i couldn't appreciate it more.
for awhile, it felt truly horrible to think that i might not make it even after this much effort.