DAT Done (09/11/08) ... Breakdown Inside.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laurielou

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
--

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
very impressive for studying 3 weeks.

for orgo, would you say there were more reaction type questions or properties of molecules type of questions..or in other words was it more orgo 1 or orgo 2?

for angles, do they appear bigger on the screen than in cdp?? or are they the same size..

Thanks -- I thought I was going to get totally owned because of the limited time I studied! I was so nervous.

On my test, I'd say it was about 50/50, honestly. There were plenty of reactions, but there were plenty of other questions as well. I had a good variety of questions. Some HNMR, IR, configuration of chiral centers, boiling points, melting points, etc. It really was not bad. None of my reactions were difficult or tricky.

As far as the size of the angles, I think it depends on what you have your screen resolution set at. The angles on CDP on my computer were smaller than on the real DAT, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys! :)

I know my scores aren't amazing by any means, but I am pretty proud of them -- especially considering the length of time I studied. Honestly, during the test I thought I was BOMBING it and was expecting to have to re-take. When I saw the 19 AA pop up I was thrilled!

OH and in case anyone is wondering... I did better on the DAT than I did on the TopScore tests I took (1 to 2 points better in every area).

LOL, congrats. I had the same thoughts running through my head until I pounded my way through the biology section.

Wow, your scores and GPA are very close to mine! Good job on the test. I'm happy with my 19 as well... although I spent all summer studying. :oops: Best of luck with everything!!