DAT Done 1/14/09

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sakbar

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! I haven't really posted much, but this board was SO helpful in recommending sources to study from and just basic advice on the DAT so thanks to EVERYONE here....

Ok....sooo I'm just iffy about my scores, I'm planning to apply for the 2010 cycle and hopefully should have my application submitted the first day I can submit it in June My top choice is VCU (im from virginia so in state for me)....and i'm also appylying to private schools out of state (Howard, BU, NYU)
soooooooo basically my question is whether or not I should retake the DAT this summer....

PAT-18
QR-17
RC- 21
Bio-20
GC-19
OC-18

TS: 19
AA: 19

thanks in advance for the advice!!!! :)

My GPA is a 3.57
My sGPA is ~3.35ish

I'm taking 12 more credits of science credits this upcoming semester and am hopeing to do well in those and raise my sGPA some more

PS: this is my first time taking the DAT

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Good scores. You'll definitely get interviews. I'd just make sure to apply to more schools just in case. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats from a fellow hokie ... you have solid scores and should have a good chance for the upcoming cycle ... i wish you the best of luck

Thanks for the responses.....:).... i was kinda getting really paranoid about my scores.....but hopefully applying early and having everything in the moment addsas lets me will help :)!
And i will deff apply to some more schools where I think I will be competitive enough.....are there any other private schools out of state where I would be competitive?

....and eldirty...YAY HOKIES!!!!

Well you shoyuld be competitve at Tufts, Temple, Nova. Just flash that pretty smile and your golden. j/k but seriously your scores are definitely competitive. Good luck and apply early.

nice job!!! good luck next year!! Hopfulyl I won't be competing against ya

Thanks for all the responses...I'm deff feeling better about applying for the 2010 cycle now! =)

what books did you use to study?...because everyone keeps suggesting different books for me, and I don't know which ones to choose.

Hey!!

I useddddd....

• Kaplan online resources (subject tests were awesome, only part that was lacking was PAT)
  • Cliffs AP Bio
  • Kaplan Review Notes Book
  • I didn't like that way Kaplan explained OCHEM so I used my cousin's Exam Cracker OCHEM which I thought explained things REALLY well as far as concepts and stuff
  • DAT Destroyer
  • Crack DAT PAT
The one thing I wish I had done more was more practice tests and more subject practice tests (I did ALL of the Kaplan full length practice tests and most of the subject tests for the sciences, but didn't have time to use my topscore)....and for that I needed more TIME....I took the Kaplan classes over the fall semester and studied what I could and then went into hardcore study mode for about 3 1/2 weeks during winter break...I wish it'd been more like 1.5 to 2 months....
And don't forget to actually practice QR and reading....while Kaplan reading MAY be easier than the actual test, at least you're getting in some form of practice....With QR the math not super difficult, but being able to complete it in the time given is the hard part

hope that helps! and ask me anything and I'll try to help!!! :)