DAT Done 10/21

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daiz613

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OC: 18
GC: 18
Bio: 21
PAT: 17
RC: 18
QR: 16 :(

Total Science: 21
AA: 18

I'm so happy to be done...QR was pretty tough and time was a factor. I was doing much better on PAT practice tests, but this time was much harder. RC had long passages!
More importantly, sciences were pretty straight forward! I think I did the best on this section since I obviously prepared the most here. I started with Kaplan to get basic foundational stuff...practiced with TopScore...then finally attacked the DESTROYER!

Destroyer was dead on with the difficulty of questions in comparison to the actual DAT. I went through the book a few times and really took time to understand the solutions!

Best of luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

nice scores...but, how did your total science end up being a 21 instead of a 19? do some sections count more than others...?

-waystinthyme

21 TS? i realize that bio has more q's than ochem or gchem, but i dont see how you got 21 ts

Members don't see this ad :)
then same AA and TS as me. i have 2 interviews so far. hoping for a few more, but if not, I am happy with the two as God has really blessed me.

i also got a 16 in QR. I do not think its that big of a deal. i would like to have done better, but if you are going to score low in one section QR is the one.

are you applying for 09?

nice solid scores, i definitely think you got a nice shot for some interviews. where are you looking to apply to?

Thanks...Yeah, I'm applying for '09. I've sent out all my application stuff in the summer, so I'm just waiting for some interviews. Where did you get interviews so far at? I applied to a bunch of schools, mostly on the east coast & some mid-west.

Now it's just a matter of waiting! Stay positive :)

you took the DAT very late in the application process ... why? I think with an early completed application you would have been in good shape as others have posted.