DAT DONE 19AA 19TS AVERAGE STUDENT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted868591

Hi sdn,long time lurker here, I got a 19 AA and 19 TS. I know this is average, but I am satisfied with my scores. I have a 3.65 GPA and 3.5 Sci GPA. 120 hours of dental shadowing and over 500 hours of community service. Great PS and a really good committee letter.
PAT: 20
RC: 24
GC: 21
Bio: 18 :(
Orgo: 17 :(
QR: 16 :(
TS: 19, AA: 19

I know I didnt score like everyone who scores 25s etc, but I want to tell you guys about my mistakes and how you can learn from them, and the material I used.

PAT (20)
DAT bootcamp (15/10)
I averaged around an 18 on these exams. DAT bootcamp was the most representative. I feel like I had a tough PAT section and bootcamp prepared me well for it. I did not have any rocks on my test, however it does not mean you will not have it on yours. DO THE GENERATORS EVERYDAY!!

RC (24)
DAT bootcamp (9/10)
As Feralis always tells people, READ SCIENTIFIC ARTICLES EVERYDAY TO INCREASE YOUR SPEED AND COMPREHENSION. I used DAT bootcamp and took 4 tests and scored 16-18. Bootcamp was somewhat representative of my test. My first reading had questions all over the place. The second and third readings were search and destroy. For this section, come in with more than 1 method. I did the mapping technique and it helped immensely.

GC (21)
DAT bootcamp (10/10)
DAT destroyer (100000/10)
Chad's and Mike's videos (10/10).

I thought this section was really really easy. I honestly don't know what I got wrong lol. Bootcamp and Destroyer are definitely harder, but WAY WORTH IT. I finished all of DAT destroyer and I think it showed in my score. PLEASE DO ALL OF DESTROYER. If you could watch only Chad or Mike, I would suggest either one. Both went through things that were on my exam.

Here are my mistakes:

BIO (18)
Guys please learn from my mistakes. I only did 100 questions from destroyer. I honestly wish I did more. Also please utilize Feralis notes, I wish I did. I had some really really weird questions that I felt had 2 correct answer choices. I am honestly still thinking about it lol. I read through cliffs notes and it definitely leaves out things that you would see on the DAT.
My suggestion is to use feralis notes, complete DAT destroyer, and KEEP REVIEWING YOUR NOTES. IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND SOMETHING, WATCH A VIDEO ABOUT IT!!! Also bootcamp is great practice. I was averaging 19s on bootcamp. I just feel like the questions on my test were really out of nowhere.

OC (17)
I am disappointed in myself with this score. Orgo was my weakest subject in undergrad. I watched all of chad's and mike's videos, but orgo was not sticking to me. I only went through 100 questions in destroyer because I was running out of time. My mistake is that I did not utilize all of destroyer. PLEASE DO ALL OF THE WORK IN DESTROYER AND DAT BOOTCAMP. DESTROYER IS HARD BUT WILL PREPARE YOU. THIS WAS WERE I MADE A MISTAKE.

QR (16)
Math is my weakest subject. I am not happy with the score, but I am happy I didnt score lower than 16. I did 5 tests from Destroyer and Bootcamp. Bootcamp was most representative of my test. What do I wish I could do now that its over? MATH DESTROYER. FOCUS ON PROBABILITY AND THE NEW QR QUESTIONS. I had 1 trig question that I have never seen in my life before lol. Also, I had no geometry. The only "kind" of geometry type of questions I had were on Quantitative comparison.

Extra info:
Bootcamp made the exam feel representative. INVEST IN BOOTCAMP, DESTROYER, AND USE FERALIS NOTES. DO ALL OF THE WORK IN DESTROYER!!! I DID IT FOR GEN CHEM AND IT SHOWED. Honestly, I was surprised with bio, because I thought I would have scored better. The questions and choices were worded extremely weird. The most important thing I can tell you is to TAKE A REST DAY WHEN YOU ARE FEELING BURNT OUT. I did not and I felt very very burnt out 2 days before the test (maybe this contributed to some scores). ALSO PLEASE GO IN WITH TONS OF CONFIDENCE. ITS A MENTAL GAME. AGAIN DO DESTROYER, USE FERALIS NOTES, AND PRACTICE WITH BOOTCAMP!!!!!

19AA, 19TS 3.65 overall GPA, 3.5 sGPA. How do I stand for these schools? I am a white male and I live in New York if that matters. First generation student for everything (parents never went to high school - immigrants)

THANK YOU GUYS FOR HELPING.

VCU
Arizona Dental
NOVA
MWU-IL
Boston U
Tufts
Rutgers Dental
MWU
UNE
LECOM
Michigan Dental
Touro
Buffalo
Maryland Dental
Missouri Dental
NYU
Stony Brook (just trying as a reach)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
This is a very helpful breakdown. Thank you.
(That RC tho)
Thank you, I honestly could have utilized my resources better. I will always tell people to get bootcamp, destroyer, and feralis notes and take days off here and there. What do you think my chances are? Average?

Reactions: 1 user
Great Job! And a very helpful overview! Of course you could have done better in certain sections (QR lol) but you seem like a well rounded and competitive applicant! Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you, I honestly could have utilized my resources better. I will always tell people to get bootcamp, destroyer, and feralis notes and take days off here and there. What do you think my chances are? Average?
I'm not the best person to ask for this. Maybe @FeralisExtremum would know better. But you have a good gpa and a great story (1st generation college student and son of immigrants) and I'm sure your PS is pretty well written with that RC score. Heck I'd accept you. Maybe apply widely?

Reactions: 1 users
Great Job! And a very helpful overview! Of course you could have done better in certain sections (QR lol) but you seem like a well rounded and competitive applicant! Good Luck!
I 100% agree. To all those reading this, do DESTROYER AND BOOTCAMP.

I'm not the best person to ask for this. Maybe @FeralisExtremum would know better. But you have a good gpa and a great story (1st generation college student and son of immigrants) and I'm sure your PS is pretty well written with that RC score. Heck I'd accept you. Maybe apply widely?
Thanks for the advice! Hopefully Feralis will give me some good news :D.

19-20 is average for most schools. You should be in good shape even with that lower score. Good luck to you :)

Incredibly helpful breakdown - highlighting those areas you could've improved on helps people currently studying for the DAT an enormous amount. A lot of what you touched on is critical for preparing properly. I don't think you'll have any issues getting into dental school.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi sdn,long time lurker here, I got a 19 AA and 19 TS. I know this is average, but I am satisfied with my scores. I have a 3.65 GPA and 3.5 Sci GPA. 120 hours of dental shadowing and over 500 hours of community service. Great PS and a really good committee letter.
PAT: 20
RC: 24
GC: 21
Bio: 18 :(
Orgo: 17 :(
QR: 16 :(
TS: 19, AA: 19

I know I didnt score like everyone who scores 25s etc, but I want to tell you guys about my mistakes and how you can learn from them, and the material I used.

PAT (20)
DAT bootcamp (15/10)
I averaged around an 18 on these exams. DAT bootcamp was the most representative. I feel like I had a tough PAT section and bootcamp prepared me well for it. I did not have any rocks on my test, however it does not mean you will not have it on yours. DO THE GENERATORS EVERYDAY!!

RC (24)
DAT bootcamp (9/10)
As Feralis always tells people, READ SCIENTIFIC ARTICLES EVERYDAY TO INCREASE YOUR SPEED AND COMPREHENSION. I used DAT bootcamp and took 4 tests and scored 16-18. Bootcamp was somewhat representative of my test. My first reading had questions all over the place. The second and third readings were search and destroy. For this section, come in with more than 1 method. I did the mapping technique and it helped immensely.

GC (21)
DAT bootcamp (10/10)
DAT destroyer (100000/10)
Chad's and Mike's videos (10/10).

I thought this section was really really easy. I honestly don't know what I got wrong lol. Bootcamp and Destroyer are definitely harder, but WAY WORTH IT. I finished all of DAT destroyer and I think it showed in my score. PLEASE DO ALL OF DESTROYER. If you could watch only Chad or Mike, I would suggest either one. Both went through things that were on my exam.

Here are my mistakes:

BIO (18)
Guys please learn from my mistakes. I only did 100 questions from destroyer. I honestly wish I did more. Also please utilize Feralis notes, I wish I did. I had some really really weird questions that I felt had 2 correct answer choices. I am honestly still thinking about it lol. I read through cliffs notes and it definitely leaves out things that you would see on the DAT.
My suggestion is to use feralis notes, complete DAT destroyer, and KEEP REVIEWING YOUR NOTES. IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND SOMETHING, WATCH A VIDEO ABOUT IT!!! Also bootcamp is great practice. I was averaging 19s on bootcamp. I just feel like the questions on my test were really out of nowhere.

OC (17)
I am disappointed in myself with this score. Orgo was my weakest subject in undergrad. I watched all of chad's and mike's videos, but orgo was not sticking to me. I only went through 100 questions in destroyer because I was running out of time. My mistake is that I did not utilize all of destroyer. PLEASE DO ALL OF THE WORK IN DESTROYER AND DAT BOOTCAMP. DESTROYER IS HARD BUT WILL PREPARE YOU. THIS WAS WERE I MADE A MISTAKE.

QR (16)
Math is my weakest subject. I am not happy with the score, but I am happy I didnt score lower than 16. I did 5 tests from Destroyer and Bootcamp. Bootcamp was most representative of my test. What do I wish I could do now that its over? MATH DESTROYER. FOCUS ON PROBABILITY AND THE NEW QR QUESTIONS. I had 1 trig question that I have never seen in my life before lol. Also, I had no geometry. The only "kind" of geometry type of questions I had were on Quantitative comparison.

Extra info:
Bootcamp made the exam feel representative. INVEST IN BOOTCAMP, DESTROYER, AND USE FERALIS NOTES. DO ALL OF THE WORK IN DESTROYER!!! I DID IT FOR GEN CHEM AND IT SHOWED. Honestly, I was surprised with bio, because I thought I would have scored better. The questions and choices were worded extremely weird. The most important thing I can tell you is to TAKE A REST DAY WHEN YOU ARE FEELING BURNT OUT. I did not and I felt very very burnt out 2 days before the test (maybe this contributed to some scores). ALSO PLEASE GO IN WITH TONS OF CONFIDENCE. ITS A MENTAL GAME. AGAIN DO DESTROYER, USE FERALIS NOTES, AND PRACTICE WITH BOOTCAMP!!!!!

19AA, 19TS 3.65 overall GPA, 3.5 sGPA. How do I stand for these schools? I am a white male and I live in New York if that matters. First generation student for everything (parents never went to high school - immigrants)

THANK YOU GUYS FOR HELPING.

VCU
Arizona Dental
NOVA
MWU-IL
Boston U
Tufts
Rutgers Dental
MWU
UNE
LECOM
Michigan Dental
Touro
Buffalo
Maryland Dental
Missouri Dental
NYU
Stony Brook (just trying as a reach)
Congratulations! Your scores are what you expected but you should receive interviews at a some schools on your list. I agree Stony Brook is a reach, but why not go for it, strange things have happened of the 25 plus years I have been in this field.

Thank you for the word of warning to others that are utilizing the DAT and Math Destroyer...If you have the materials do ALL the work.

Message me if I can help in anyway.