DAT done 21AA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wylde923

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i just got back from taking my dat and wanted to post my breakdown as other's breakdown have greatly helped me to prepare for the test. I've been studying whenever i can since the beginning of summer whenever i could, but i also did research for 10 wks and took a summer course so i ended up having 13 days or so of full-time studying (8-12 hrs).

Here are my scores:

PAT- 20- 81%
QR- 20- 95.1%
RC- 19- 67.6%
Bio- 20- 91.8 %
GC- 23- 97.3%
Orgo- 25- 98.4%
TS- 22- 98.3%
AA- 21- 97.2%

I was soo close to a 22 (21.4) AA but sadly close isn't enough, anyways...

Materials: KBB for bio overview, Destroyer/Chads for GC and ORgo, ACS study guides for GC and Orgo, DATq vault, CliffsAP bio, CDP and i think that's it.

The testing center was pretty good, no hitches and water soluble pens were supplied with pink grided laminated sheets. The pens wrote about the same size as a normal pen so i had plenty of room.

Bio- ridiculously random as most say, there were like 5-6 questions questions where u have to just use your general knowledge of biology to deduce the answer sooooo much funnnnn

GC- Easier than destroyer, not any really difficult in terms of calculation. Just focus alot on the concepts and ACS gen chem study guide were great tools. And CHAd of course was great

orgo- same as gen chem, i think i got a solubility lab question wrong so that's that.

Pat- i think angles killed meeee, it makes me really mad. I could narrow it down to 50-50 but then I'd guess on most of them. CDP was great just practice until you're perfect, i had a hard time with the angles in CDP too.

RC- I actually thought i did ok in this section so to see that it was my lowest grade was kinda shocking. Some tone/inference questions and the rest S and D, not too hard. I'm not sure why i didn't get a higher score ( i mean obvi i missed questions but i thought that i was doing good during the section).

QR- i struggled through this section as its the last section and i didn't get very much sleep last night, not to mention my test was at 9am and an hour away. Overall it was easy, i just messed up on my calculations because i couldn't think straight. I think i should've scored a bit higher (22 probs), but thats ok, Math destroyer is great practice.

Topscore tests- i pretty much scored between 18 and 20 on all three topscore tests in all the sections

2009 ada (taken 2 days b4 exam)
Bio- 20
Gc- 21
Orgo- 21
Pat-21
RC-19
QR-18 -

As letsgo2dschool said, the 2009 ada exam is comparable in many ways to the real thing except for bio (harder on real thing) and QR (easier on real thing), for me, RC seemed to be about the same although the lightning passage of the 2009 is brutal.

That's it! I'm all done.

My other stats: 3.56 GPA, volunteering, a couple clubs, some shadowing, tutoring,
NH resident
I should also add that i will be a junior THIS academic year.

Any questions are welcome.
Also, any comments regarding what schools i should apply to and how to improve my application further would be greatly appreciated.

Dat materials listed above are all for sale so if you're interested PM me.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: