DAT done 3/3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LibraLin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Finally, I finished it today. Here is what I got, what do you guys think?
My GPA is 3.2 which is below average, and I am hoping to get in any school in CA.
Is a retake nessecery? Thanks

BIO 18
Chem 19
Ochem 17
PAT 19
RC 22
QR 20
TS 18
AA 19

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
your scores are decent, but not the best. good job on RC. TS of 18 is slightly below competitive, but people with 16s and 17s have gotten in. What are your other stats (GPA, extra curricular etc.) and where are you planning to apply?

Your scores aren't bad, but keep in mind the average for most schools is 19-20. Retake depends on what your GPA is like, my friend got a ton of interviews with a 19, but that was because his GPA was slightly above average.

damn 22 on rc haha. congrats. id apply with those scores as long as your gpa is avg or above avg. just keep in mind that you might have to retake to improve those science scores. good luck =)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey LibraLin, didn't you say you got 15 RC's on your two practice exams this week? How did you jump to a 22?

Hey LibraLin, didn't you say you got 15 RC's on your two practice exams this week? How did you jump to a 22?

Real test is much different in terms of motivation and adrenaline. Not many people will be as focused on a practice test. Most of my scores went up.

Hey!! I am glad you noticed that. The practice RC I got is 15,15,17. I am very suprise that I got 22 on the real one. On the print out, it says 90% of people got same score or below which means I am first 10%. I'll post my RC strategy on my DAT story.

Finally, I finished it today. Here is what I got, what do you guys think?
My GPA is 3.2 which is below average, and I am hoping to get in any school in CA.
Is a retake nessecery? Thanks

BIO 18
Chem 19
Ochem 17
PAT 19
RC 22
QR 20
TS 18
AA 19

I would say that you have decent score on DAT!

Since you are one of the first ones to take the DAT after the whole blackout dates, I have to ask what you thoughts on the DAT were and what you studied, especially on the Sciences (particularly Biology)! Thanks!

Yes LibraLin, I also noticed you struggled with RC, but then on test day you did great. Did you change your strategy? What happened? Don't forget to post that breakdown....;)

And ah yes, are you just good at math or you practiced and achieved good scores? I have noticed your math is consistent...

And ah yes, are you just good at math or you practiced and achieved good scores? I have noticed your math is consistent...

I am just good at math. I got 18 already on the crack Math (really useful and simliar as the real one) the first time I did it. After some practice, I usually get 23 above on the math part. The main reasons I didn't do well on the real one are (1)On the real test, they use so many words to describe the questions which casue so much time to read. (2)They are couple false problem which doesn't include the correct answers. I spend so much time redoing the questions. (3)They gave me a marker instead of pen and paper, erasing after each questions waste time.

I would say that you have decent score on DAT!

Since you are one of the first ones to take the DAT after the whole blackout dates, I have to ask what you thoughts on the DAT were and what you studied, especially on the Sciences (particularly Biology)! Thanks!

I will post a detailed DAT breakdown and a individual post of how I did the RC part soon. I am working on both of them. I think DAT breakdown will be up tomorrow. RC part might need to wait for few days cause I want to make it really detailed.