Dat done!!!!!! 4/9/10

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akeurogh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, after 3 weeks of hard studying, I finally pulled it off! I really want to thank all of you, especially Dentalworks for great advice. Here are my scores.

Bio: 22
Gchem: 21
Ochem:23
PAT: 19:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown
RC: 19 <-- i got pianoed :scared:
Qr: 19
TS:22
AA:21

So I don't recommend anyone having a study schedule like mine. It took a lot of dedication and it wasn't fun. I studied for about 3 weeks, anywhere ranging from about 8 to 12, sometimes 14 hours a day.

Bio: I really relied on my foundation of biology. I can't stress this enough. They through random questions that no DAT test prep book would cover. Materials used: KBB and some destroyer.

Gchem: Pretty straight forward. Materials used: KBB and destroyer.

Ochem: It was okay. destroyer was an overkillllllllll. Materials used: KBB and destroyer.

PAT: MY BEST SECTION. MESSED UP =/. USED CDATPAT 5 Test

RC: Pianoed. It wasn't too bad. But my RC score did suffer b/c of it.

QR: Calculator is the savor! yay! I used Math destroyer. Highly recommend it!

I'm from SoCal. I'm applying to all cali schools! My #1 is UCLA and #2 is USC.
gpa:3.32
sgpa.3.65

what do you guys think? Thanks for any advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
hey man

ill pretty much have the same study schedule as you, im only doing 5 hrs a day right now, but will be doing upto 12 once my exams

your gpa is very similar to mine, and im international and applying to a bunch of schools

im sure you have a good shot
gl

congratulations on being done and getting competitive scores!
you went hardcore w/ that training regimen, pulling 14 hrs/day is impressive.

Great Scores... Above average ... And your GPA is good... I feel confident youll get in this next cycle.

A few questions please:

1) How many times did you go through DAT Destroyer Ochem/Gchem sections?

2) How many of the Math Destroyer exams did you complete?

3) Wy do you think you messed up PAT? Was CDP not enough preparation?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
Great Scores... Above average ... And your GPA is good... I feel confident youll get in this next cycle.

A few questions please:

1) How many times did you go through DAT Destroyer Ochem/Gchem sections?

2) How many of the Math Destroyer exams did you complete?

3) Wy do you think you messed up PAT? Was CDP not enough preparation?

Thank you

Hey dude
1) because i crammed, I actually didn't even have enough time to finish my gchem destroyer, but I did finish my ochem destroyer (but didn't review).

2) I finished 3 sections.

3) The real PAT had wayy harder pattern folding questions. I guess I messed up on those.

Great job man. I kind of liked doing the shorter study plan too. It seems to have worked for someone else too. Less time to burn out. :) Congrats again.

congrats on the solid scores man u pulled it off in 3 weeks and relying on ur bio skills seems to be the only way to get thru the bio section being as random as it is best of luck applying!

akeurogh, is this your first time taking the DAT? Congrats.

hey, I took the DAT about a year ago and bombed the math section. lol

Great job man. I kind of liked doing the shorter study plan too. It seems to have worked for someone else too. Less time to burn out. :) Congrats again.

yeah I really wanted to study quickly and only focus on my DATs. I was really nervous about it not being able to work out.

congrats on the solid scores man u pulled it off in 3 weeks and relying on ur bio skills seems to be the only way to get thru the bio section being as random as it is best of luck applying!

yeah my bio score was deff based on my core classes. I got really random questions on developmental biology that I wouldn't have known if it wasn't for the class.

ahh idk if i'm competitive enough!

hey, I took the DAT about a year ago and bombed the math section. lol

yeah I really wanted to study quickly and only focus on my DATs. I was really nervous about it not being able to work out.

yeah my bio score was deff based on my core classes. I got really random questions on developmental biology that I wouldn't have known if it wasn't for the class.

ahh idk if i'm competitive enough!

Ha yeah, I know the feeling. It was a little bit of a gamble, but I'm happy with it. And I agree about the bio section. There were some questions I ready and felt like I was back in a bio class because I hadn't even studied that material but luckily knew it from upper level classes.

I was actually waiting for your post since friday :)

Congradulations man, 21AA / 22TS / 19PA are kick @ss scores especially for someone who studied for only 3 weeks.

Hey,

I am not trying to be deliberately discouraging or anything, but unless your extracurriculars are extremely good, UCLA will probably not accept you.

Most of the 1st year dental students at UCLA I know (I go to UCLA) have had 22 AA and TS at least.

They all had 3.7 or above GPA as well.

I may be only looking at the small population, but that's what they've been telling me too, to get 23 AA and at least 3.7 GPA.

USC will most definitely accept you, though.

Congrats. I dont think i can pull those scores in 3 weeks time. you did really well. I'm using destroyer and math destroyer campbel for bio and crack the pat. so far i heard good things about these materials i hope they really do help me
again well done and good luck

Hey,

I am not trying to be deliberately discouraging or anything, but unless your extracurriculars are extremely good, UCLA will probably not accept you.

Most of the 1st year dental students at UCLA I know (I go to UCLA) have had 22 AA and TS at least.

They all had 3.7 or above GPA as well.

I may be only looking at the small population, but that's what they've been telling me too, to get 23 AA and at least 3.7 GPA.

USC will most definitely accept you, though.

I really do have pretty good extracurriculars. But I have heard the same from many other people. :( For some reason my heart is really set on going to UCLA because I've been their so many times because my brother is an oral surgery resident at UCLA.

Also do you know anything about the way USC teaches? I heard they are more independent...

Congrats. I dont think i can pull those scores in 3 weeks time. you did really well. I'm using destroyer and math destroyer campbel for bio and crack the pat. so far i heard good things about these materials i hope they really do help me
again well done and good luck

Hey. Its honestly doable, but you really need to focus and study smart. The material I used were right on topic with the DAT, it wasn't going off of tangents. I highly recommend the material I used.