DAT done 4/9/10

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krnkimsung

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good to be done.

Bio : 19 (only 1 semester of Basic Biology, I'm actually happy to pull this high)
GC : 30
OC : 26
PAT : 23
RC : 19
QR : 20 (WTF, I am an Engineering Student)
TS : 23 (98.9%)
AA : 22 (99.2%)

I will follow up with the specific breakdowns later. but for now, it's time for some EtOH.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats

PLEASE POST YOUR COMPREHENSIVE ANALYSIS SOON. So eager to hear about how you studied and what materials you suggest most. ANd how to use those materials most efficiently

Congrats man. You must have had a difficult test too because I got the same AA and TS but both were about 1% lower on the percentile. You killed it. Congrats.

this is my first post on the SDN! I read your scores and have to congratulate you, and I saw you are or were an engineering student. Based on my visits in the past with dental schools according to statistics, many engineering students seem to follow the path and dentistry and succeed. I 'm sure any school will be happy to take you! Please provide any insight you have on test taking skills with the DAT. Im currently studying and am having a littile bit of difficulty with Bio (specifically biochem) and the PAT :-(

Thankyou,
Lauren :) :)

your score should be a 23AA not 22....it's 22.8
That's funny, this guy is correct. Maybe the OP made a typo? If not, OP you should go to them and get your scores fixed because your AA should be one point higher. Other than that, congratz on the great scores!

your score should be a 23AA not 22....it's 22.8

That's funny, this guy is correct. Maybe the OP made a typo? If not, OP you should go to them and get your scores fixed because your AA should be one point higher. Other than that, congratz on the great scores!

That's not how it's calculated.

It is a separate calculation based on total questions correct out of total possible and rated on its own scale-- just like any other section.

That's not how it's calculated.

It is a separate calculation based on total questions correct out of total possible and rated on its own scale-- just like any other section.
Sorry you are wrong.
AA = 5 section(3 sci + rc + qr) / 5
and round up or down.
TS = # correct / 100 not avg of 3 sci sections.

It wasn't a typo, but I have seen a couple of similar cases in SDN. This one guy had a AA of 23, but when I averaged his scores AA was supposed to be around 23.7.

I really don't know why, but there is something weird about the official AA calculation.

BTW, thanks for noticing this. Honestly I didn't even catch it haha.

I will get back to you with the analysis soon. Sorry, I'm in the middle of the final week right now. ;)

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats

PLEASE POST YOUR COMPREHENSIVE ANALYSIS SOON. So eager to hear about how you studied and what materials you suggest most. ANd how to use those materials most efficiently

It wasn't a typo, but I have seen a couple of similar cases in SDN. This one guy had a AA of 23, but when I averaged his scores AA was supposed to be around 23.7.

I really don't know why, but there is something weird about the official AA calculation.

BTW, thanks for noticing this. Honestly I didn't even catch it haha.

I am sorry to say but this is impossible.

If you download the PDF free DAT sample test.... one of the sections explains how to calculate the AA.... you take the 5 scores (bio + gc + oc + rc + qr) and divide by 5 and round up or down.... there is no other way of doing it.

If people are posting numbers and their AA's aren't matching it could be either they are lying (I AM NOT ACCUSING YOU OF LYING) or they made a typo when they were posting their scores

Here is the instructions I was talking about directly from ADA's free DAT sample test:

28i8761.jpg