DAT done 5/5/08 - feedback?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predent6

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and to the application process as a whole so it would be great to receive some feedback on my scores. I just finished the DAT this afternoon....

PAT 19
QR 19
RC 25
BS 20
GC 18
OC 21
TS 20
AA 21

I graduated from a top 25 university with a 3.6 overall GPA and 3.2 science.

To those looking for feedback - I studied with Kaplan MCAT books and TopScore. I thought the sciences were pretty comparable to what you see in TopScore. There definitely weren't many questions requiring extensive math in the science section. The PAT was easier than I thought it would be going into it - my biggest problem was time. QR wasn't bad for me either but, again, my problem was time (I ended up having to guess on the last 3 questions with only 30 seconds left).

Thanks in advance for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

your scores are great and you are definitly getting into the schools that you will be applying to. i would like to know what method you used on the rc and how were the passages like very long or fair. oh and one more thing what did you think of the bio section

your scores are great and you are definitly getting into the schools that you will be applying to. i would like to know what method you used on the rc and how were the passages like very long or fair. oh and one more thing what did you think of the bio section.

Thanks. The reading comprehension passages were probably between 10 to 15 short paragraphs (like 3 - 5 sentences per paragraph). I basically skimmed the passage and then spent most of the time searching for answers within the passage.

I thought the bio was fairly straightforward and easy - there were some random questions that I hadn't seen but took educated guesses on [deleted]. Other than a few questions , though, I felt the bio section was fair. The taxonomy questions I got were definitely not difficult.

If you have any other questions let me know

Members don't see this ad :)
You certainly seem like a good student from your GPA as well as your scores, I can guarantee you acceptance in all schools accross the board as long as you nail the interviews. Good Job man. Can I get those MCAT books off you? Not selling but for borrow as we can not sell stuff on this forum. Please let me know. Thanks

Can you give a more thorough explanation on all sections and topics that you encountered on the exam? Also, how was the gchem section and math section compared to Kaplan's?

Can you give a more thorough explanation on all sections and topics that you encountered on the exam? Also, how was the gchem section and math section compared to Kaplan's?

Honestly - if you look at the DAT section on ADA's website, just review the DAT Examinee Guide and you can get a great breakdown of all the topics you should focus on. The test really covered a wide spectrum of those topics.

Also, the general chemistry section was easier than Kaplans - it didn't require as much math and was much more theoretically based. I think the math was most comparable to TopScore. I guess it was somewhat similar to Kaplans but there were more word problems.