DAT done - 6/15/09

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kallie902

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I took the DAT yesterday after basically 3 weeks of massive cramming - or as much cramming as you can do when you work 50 hours/week!!!! I graduated in 2008 with a BS in Bio but I'm one of those people who studies for the test, and immediately forgets everything right afterward... so I didn't exactly retain much from gen chem and orgo which I took 4 years ago.

I was supposed to take a Kaplan course but they canceled it at the location near me, so they gave me the online course and 15 free hours of tutoring instead. Figures that I waited until the last minute and started studying about 3 and a half weeks ago. I basically read once through the Kaplan blue book and read a bit in my old Campbell & Reese bio book. I went into the exam feeling COMPLETELY unprepared and kicking myself for not starting sooner, and basically just expecting the worst, and wound up with:

PAT: 25
BIO: 20
GC: 20
OC: 19
QR: 16 - I was an idiot and forgot to actually make an educated guess on the answers I marked for later, so when I ran out of time at the end I had left about 7 or 8 blank. Such a dumb move. Kicking myself.
RC: 25
TS: 20
AA: 20

Is it true that schools place a good amount of emphasis on the PAT and Reading Comp? I sure hope so...

I figure a 20/20/25 is good enough to get me into a reasonable school? I have a 3.47/3.3 from Boston College. Honestly, as long as I get into school SOMEPLACE I'll be content. Feedback would be appreciated. Thanks guys!!

Members don't see this ad.

Wow good job, especially for just 3.5 weeks of studying while working 50 hours a week! I think you are good to go, I wouldn't worry too much about that 16 in QR. Just call up the schools you are applying to and make sure they dont have any cut offs.

I don't think you should worry! 20,20,25 is a solid set of scores. You've done great on your RC and PAT which are two of the most important scores. You're science scores are good, and your QR score is your least important score, so no one would scrutinize it that much.
Just send everything on time, and you'll definitely get some interviews for this cycle.

Good Luck:thumbup: