Dat Done 6/18/08

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Predentknight

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
u

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Finally done!!! wohooo honestly all of the people on here must be extremely gifted. I am your average 22 year old hispanic from south florida and I attend my state university, UCF!! Anyways I will give you my take on the test.

First off the testing center. I got there an hour early and they let me begin the test right when i arrived. Also i brought my backpack which barley fit int he locker i had to litterally stuff that thing in there along with my lucnh bag so just be mindful of that.

My study materials: Ap cliffs, Schuams, Destroyer, Kaplan online and Kaplan BB, I also referred to my textbooks and class notes. This forum is key tho keep up with it just dont let it become a distraction.

I will reveiew what I htought of each section, but let me make this clear I will not answer any specifics about the material on the test as that is unethical.

First here are my scores, I know a lot of you are going to say re-take, but My state schools UF and NOVA do not have strict cut-offs and I beleive they place more of an emphasis on the sciences, how are my chances outside of the state?
AA: 18
TS: 20
BIO: 20
GCHEM:20
OCHEM:20
RC: 16:thumbdown:
QR:16
PAT: 17

Practice scores were all over but I will post them later

BIO: on par with what everyone says on the forum, not really comprable to any practice test that I had taken. I used kaplan, topscore, and achiever. Cliffs Bio is great, very easy to read and I think it covers just the right amount of detail. Schuams was way too detailed I couldnt stay concentrated reading that book I dont beleive its necessary. Kaplan online and destroyer were also excellent recourses.

GCchem: contrary to what everyone says mine was less conceptual. Pretty straight foward. I would master the Kaplan online material and have destroyer down cold.

Ochem: easy, one reaction I was unfamiliar with I neglected to study hard for this section, could easily get one or two wrong on this section

Reading: my entire life I have struggled with reading. I was scoring well on the practice tests 20-22 but the test was much diff. Not sure what happened here.

PAT: I thought I was nailing this section, I flew through it . In my opinion it was on par with Kaplan excluding angle ranking. I also had to pee during this section which may have forced me to rush through the section. I honestly though I would have above a 20 in this section

QR: My highest score on a practice test was 18, I was happy to make it out with a 16.

Overall the test was hard. I dont see myself re-taking because of the level of difficulty of biology, not sure if I would be able to do much better. Here is my stats and I would liek to hear some input on what you tink my chances are.
Cum: 3.64 Science: 3.52 BCP: 3.61 nonscience: 3.83

App. was submitted on May 17, Plenty of extracurriculars and leadership positions, Excessive shadowing various dental professionals. My father is a graduate of UF dental and currently a practicing orthodontist.

One last comment, this forum is amazing. It truly exemplifies the good in people. We are all competitors yet willling to help eachother out. If only the rest of the world was like the people in this forum, I think its great.
Happy to answer any questions, I would also liek some feedback, I am very against a re-take so go easy haha

Hey nice scores, was the test comparable to the kaplan online subject tests for sciences??? if you dont mind asking what were your percentages for the kaplan subject tests? thanks

Hi Nice scores!!! Yea you are right on about UF & NOVA. They put more emphasis on TS. That's what Dr. Lipmann told me as well. How long did you study for? Didn't expect that you were gonna take the test so soon....congrats :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey nice scores, was the test comparable to the kaplan online subject tests for sciences??? if you dont mind asking what were your percentages for the kaplan subject tests? thanks

I would not say they are comparable but if you can master the info on the subject tests you should be fine.I was scoring between 75% and 95% on all of the subject tests in all sections. I ran through all of them several times and I tried to fully understand the concept behind each question.

Ms.Toothlady- haha yea I was considering pushing the test date back bc my practice scores were mediocre but I decided not to as I will be enrolling in Molec Bio 2 and embryology with ahangari for the summer. But I sure hope you are right because that reading comp. score really worries me. When are you taking?>

As far as practice scores-

Achiever I only took one full test
AA:17 Bio:15 Gchem:15 Ochem:17 PAT: 15 QR:15 RC:17 (early June)
I took the other science sections and scores ranged from 14-16

Kaplan Full length online

Practice test #3 - chem and orgo on this test were ricic
Bio:21 Chem: 16 Ochem: 16 PAT:21 RC: 19 QR:16
Practice test#2
Bio:18 Chem:17 Ochem:19 PAT:21 RC:17 QR:18

Topscore #3:
Bio: 17 gChem: 18 Ochem:19 PAT:21 RC: 21 QR: 16
Topscore#2:
Bio: 18 gchem: 17 Ochem: 18 PAT: 20 RC: 20 QR:16
Topscore #1
Bio:17 Chem: 18 Ochem:19

I would not say they are comparable but if you can master the info on the subject tests you should be fine.I was scoring between 75% and 95% on all of the subject tests in all sections. I ran through all of them several times and I tried to fully understand the concept behind each question.

Ms.Toothlady- haha yea I was considering pushing the test date back bc my practice scores were mediocre but I decided not to as I will be enrolling in Molec Bio 2 and embryology with ahangari for the summer. But I sure hope you are right because that reading comp. score really worries me. When are you taking?>

As far as practice scores-

Achiever I only took one full test
AA:17 Bio:15 Gchem:15 Ochem:17 PAT: 15 QR:15 RC:17 (early June)
I took the other science sections and scores ranged from 14-16

Kaplan Full length online

Practice test #3 - chem and orgo on this test were ricic
Bio:21 Chem: 16 Ochem: 16 PAT:21 RC: 19 QR:16
Practice test#2
Bio:18 Chem:17 Ochem:19 PAT:21 RC:17 QR:18

Topscore #3:
Bio: 17 gChem: 18 Ochem:19 PAT:21 RC: 21 QR: 16
Topscore#2:
Bio: 18 gchem: 17 Ochem: 18 PAT: 20 RC: 20 QR:16
Topscore #1
Bio:17 Chem: 18 Ochem:19

anybody? jigabodo you usually give honest opinion of what to do, where ya at? I would appreciate some advice on where to go from here!

Damn you are in my class...I am taking Molec II as well lol I took embryology with ahangari last semester. Really good class but really tough:eek: