1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

DAT done 6/18

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by TarheelKid24, Jun 18, 2008.

1. TarheelKid24

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    First, I just want to say that it is a great feeling that the test is FINALLY over and done with...

My scores...

BIO - 26
    OC - 26
    GC - 22
    PA - 23
    QR - 20
    RC - 25
    AA - 24
    TS - 24

I took the Kaplan course from Feb. through April....took finals until May 6 and then went through the Kaplan books again. Also went through Schaum's Biology and TopScore. I can answer any questions ya'll have...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DDS13

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: wow, u killed the test. can u give us a break down of each section. ur RC methods and topics, also ur study materials for each section, and ur top score scores,

thnx a bunch;)

4. thebozz1975

5+ Year Member

Nice work. Where do you go to school (if you don't mind)?

5. PSU SHC 414

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]

I'm going to throw out UNC based on his name.

To the OP... I'm assuming UNC is your top choice? It's one of my top choices, but I think it's going to be an uphill battle since I'm out of state. Did you start the supplemental app yet? Also, I saw one of your other posts, and I'm wondering if it's really true that UNC's adcom doesn't even begin to review applications until August? I was rushing to get their supplemental app completed, but if that's really the case, I'll take my time with it!

Awesome DAT scores btw... congrats!

#4 PSU SHC 414, Jun 18, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  6. Hugh Mannity

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Nice work. Good luck with apps.

7. STACM

7+ Year Member

whatd you get on your topscore practices?

8. thebozz1975

5+ Year Member

Believe it or not, NC has more than one undergraduate institution -- one of which is statistically more likely than UNC to produce someone getting those kinds of scores.

9. harrygt

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    COngrats dude! Could you give us a detailed feedback on each section, like one of the guys did today? It would be great. I mean just describe how each section was, compared to what you expected. Specific or basic questions? How was PAT compared to most of the supplements out there?
    Would really appreciate it if you could do this.

10. excusezmoi

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Congrats! With your scores, schools are open arms to you...
    Anyway! How long did you study? How many hours per day? How'd you study for Natural Sciences and Math?

11. PSU SHC 414

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]

I'm well aware of that... my sister went to Duke and I played a rugby tournament at NC State.

This might just be me, but I think "TarHeelkid" gives it away... only one "undergraduate institution" in NC is synonomous with the "Tar Heels".

#10 PSU SHC 414, Jun 18, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  12. TarheelKid24

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    haha yes, I do go to UNC (rising senior)...and yes, as of right now, UNC is my top choice for dental schools.

To PSU: I met with the dean about the admissions process and to go through my resume and those words (mid-August) were straight from his mouth.

I studied about 4-8 hours every day for about a month and a half and did the Kaplan course for 2 months before that. I thought TopScore was pretty close to what the Chemistry sections were like but I thought bio. was definitely more in-depth (Schaum's was the way to go for that). I was actually really disappointed about my Gen. Chem score because I thought that was the easiest section. I wasn't too worried about math going into the test because I hear they don't really look at that section (even though I thought I did really well on that too!)

As for Organic, man I WAYYY over-studied for that (looking back through old class notes) because it was very, very simple material besides a few NMR problems. And the RC was pretty straightforward, just like the Kaplan/Topscore questions.

As for my practice scores from TopScore, I never got above a 22 on any section. So needless to say, I was happy with the 24/24 AA/TS scores.

Anything else just let me know...

13. DentalDeac

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Please, lets get things straight here.

Wake >>> Duke or UNC

14. TarheelKid24

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    haha let's not go that far...exactly what would it be better than UNC at? Tuition?